Citizenship interview Birth certificate requirement

poolprouk

Hi there,

I have an interview this week, the invitation requests that I bring an original birth certificate with parents names  on it. As I only have an original short form birth certificate (i.e. without parents names) i ordered what i thought was a new original from the UK.

Lo and behold a birth certificate showed up last week which is a full one including parents names e.t.c. Unfortunately it's a certified copy! 

I just wondered if anyone had gotten through the interview with a certified copy of their original birth certificate.

Regards.

1 hour ago, poolprouk said:

Hi there,

I have an interview this week, the invitation requests that I bring an original birth certificate with parents names  on it. As I only have an original short form birth certificate (i.e. without parents names) i ordered what i thought was a new original from the UK.

Lo and behold a birth certificate showed up last week which is a full one including parents names e.t.c. Unfortunately it's a certified copy! 

I just wondered if anyone had gotten through the interview with a certified copy of their original birth certificate.

Regards.

The original is held at the registry.Same with marriage and divorce certs.

What you have is fine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rammygirl said:

What evidence did you upload showing your birth parents ?

I didn’t upload any evidence regarding parents. I just had to state their names, DOBs etc. I didn’t need to full version for my PR so am a bit shocked that I might need it now when I’ve been here for 5 years+!!!

6 hours ago, md0u10fd said:

I have my interview in a few weeks but only have the short form of my UK birth certificate (doesn't show my parents). Will I be OK with this or do I HAVE to have the full one

The email I received with my appointment details stated clearly that they want the birth certificate with parents names. I ordered mine approx 6 weeks out using standard postage and it arrived 3 working days before the interview. 

You can pay extra to get it sent a bit quicker. Suggest you get onto it ASAP.

Edited by poolprouk
Missing words

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2018 at 13:08, poolprouk said:

Hi there,

Regards.

Hey

You get through the interview OK with the "certified copy of an entry of birth" ? (long version of UK certificate?)

Cheers

3 hours ago, clown500 said:

Hey

You get through the interview OK with the "certified copy of an entry of birth" ? (long version of UK certificate?)

Cheers

Tat is all you will ever get. Legally, the original has to be held at the registry office. When you order one from them it will always be a "certified copy of an entry of birth" . Thats what Immigration want, the certified copy issued by the registry. 

13 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Tat is all you will ever get. Legally, the original has to be held at the registry office. When you order one from them it will always be a "certified copy of an entry of birth" . Thats what Immigration want, the certified copy issued by the registry. 

Correct, the certified copy supplied by the registry was fine. Interview done early Oct, Ceremony on Australia day.

• Like 1