DECLARING FOOD, ETC. ON ARRIVAL

ItchyFeet76

My parents are visiting and I've asked them to bring some things that we either can't get and miss, or can get but pay a lot for. I've looked on the boarding card and it doesn't specifically mention any of the things they're bringing but some forums have suggested you have to declare ALL food, even if admissable (ie not on the prohibited list). What they're bringing (amongst other things) is:-

* Calpol

* Teetha granules (camomile teething powder)

* UK lollies (sweets)

* UK potato chips

* UK chocolate

* UK biscuits

When I came back from visiting I didn't declare anything and am now wondering if I should have done - and what might happen if you're stopped randomly and haven't declared something?? They say if unsure then tick 'yes' and go through the 'declaration' line, but what if you ARE sure but are just wrong in your assumption?! 

Thanks for reading, and please scroll past if you're just going to question why we want this :-)

Edited by ItchyFeet76

Guest The Pom Queen

Yes all items have to be declared. We had a packet of crisps coming back from America in one of the kids bags, we were lucky as he pulled them out whilst being stood in the queue and the guy just let us throw them in the bin. They will be fine to come in you just have to declare it.