CPV - How Long is the wait?

Janette

11 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Probably need to wait another three years before you will hear anything. It’s also worth checking out the main parent visa thread

Thanks i was thinking 2020 I can’t believe it takes so long when you are paying a large amount of money to get in ?

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

Well you’re not really paying a large amount to get in, you’re paying to cover your likely cost to the Australian taxpayer of your old age and death

Perhaps but it’s still a lot, might not live until an old age ?but hopefully 

Hi,  

Has anyone applied for an extension of a 600 Visa, whilst in Australia, had it refused, then applied whilst back in UK and had it granted?  I have to leave Australia 28/10.

A few evenings ago there was an article on the Project regarding Partner Visas, which are apparently taking 2 years plus to process, I have emailed them explaining the plight of the Parent Visa, if anyone else wanted to do this it may raise our profile????

I lodged my Visa Sept 15 and like everyone else, have heard nothing.  

Thanks

10 hours ago, 8CPA said:

We applied in June 2014 and finally had our visa granted in January 2017. I believe it is a much longer wait now, but hang on in there, it will be worth it.

3 hours ago, michaleasmum said:

Hi,  

Has anyone applied for an extension of a 600 Visa, whilst in Australia, had it refused, then applied whilst back in UK and had it granted?  I have to leave Australia 28/10.

A few evenings ago there was an article on the Project regarding Partner Visas, which are apparently taking 2 years plus to process, I have emailed them explaining the plight of the Parent Visa, if anyone else wanted to do this it may raise our profile????

I lodged my Visa Sept 15 and like everyone else, have heard nothing.  

Thanks