Guidance needed....

AlanC

Hi... I am hoping that someone may be able to help us understand if a move to Australia is even possible..... I know that all anyone can offer is advice but that is all we are after at this stage so any information from knowledge or personal experience is appreciated.....

Q: I am 43 and would be the main Visa applicant, my partner is soon to be 47.. Is my partner to old or would the application go through based on my age?

Q: My profession is on the Skilled Occupation List 2017-2018... My partner has not worked for some time due to disability, they would hope to return to some PT work if we moved to Australia    as the climate would be beneficial to their health issue, would this be a problem, ie lack of partner work history/disability?

These questions are just for starters but I feel they are the most important....

Thanks for reading....... Oh and  "Hi everyone"

A good migration agent will offer a free initial consultation to answer your question.  

However, as far as I know, it's only the primary applicant (you) who has to meet the age criteria.  

Partner's work is irrelevant.   

Partner's disability may be an issue.   If his/her disability is likely to need ongoing medical treatment then Immigration will look at how much that's likely to cost the Australian taxpayer over their lifetime, and if it's above a certain threshold, you won't be accepted. 

Hi... Thanks Marisawright & Jsmull87....

My partner has had long running back problems, had spine surgery back in 2009 but still suffers with the odd "Slipped Disc".. The only other treatments are medication for arthritis/osteoporosis pain which usually stops being taken when we are in warmer climates and the odd MRI scan to make sure everything is ok....

We really feel a move to  Australia could be beneficial but wouldn't want to start the process if there wasn't much chance of us standing a chance...

So should I message one of the people you list Jsmull87 with brief information? Thanks again...

54 minutes ago, Jsmull87 said:

Agree with above - Speak to a migration agent. There’s obviously a few complications with your case so better to ask the experts.

@Richard Gregan, @Raul Senise, @wrussell, @Alan Collett , 

You could try these guys? 

I tried to send a message to an agent listed but it says I am not allowed to? Is there another way to contact them or post on a page they run.... thanks.

34 minutes ago, AlanC said:

I tried to send a message to an agent listed but it says I am not allowed to? Is there another way to contact them or post on a page they run.... thanks.

Try Google. Find their company website and you might be able to send a message. What country are you in? Some agents have other offices where you could ring and speak to someone to arrange a telephone call with the migration agent.