Proof of address UK, Lost UK Drivers Licence and NI Number - What to start with?!

Bumblebee

Hi everyone, 

This is reminding me of when we first arrived in Australia and needed a medicare card to get such and such but couldnt get a medicare card without XYZ!

I'm moving back home to the UK in early Jan (although this will all be last minute as waiting on passports for the kids etc) and am stressing about what to get first - I'll need to act pretty quickly as I'll only have a week or so from arriving to apply for my youngest's reception place at school. We will need proof of address really quick on arriving - what order do I do all this in?

Lost my drivers licence in our 10yrs here in oz, no idea where it went - will need to report it as lost?? Or just change address? Their website says they can fine you GBP1000 for not updating your address promptly - we never told them we were moving abroad - eeek. Anyone have any experience with this???

Lost NI number - seems straighforward to get this although they ask for last 3yrs addresses - they will be Australian - anyone had experience of this? Are they wanting my last UK address perhaps? I'll call them at some point but wondered if anyone knew. 

I'm so annoyed we got rid of all our UK documents - felt we didn't need them after so many years away, so annoying now though!

Proof of address - do you have a relative's address you can use? If so, change your address with your Australian bank to that address now. Don't use "c/o", just write it as though you live there. Then request a paper statement to be sent to you. Job done

Report the licence as lost

Edited by Marisawright