Waiting for 189 invitation

Meghan

12 hours ago, Djwbru said:

Would you not consider 190 state sponsored visa? I'm in healthcare and applied for NSW with 60+5 (march) and have since been invited by NSW (may) and lodged our visa end of june. x

What area of healthcare I’m a nurse and applied for nsw with 60+5 points on 17th January and still no invite 

Edited by Pauline Mohammed

3 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

What area of healthcare I’m a nurse and applied for nsw with 60+5 points on 17th January and still no invite 

I'm a podiatrist Pauline. I'm shocked to hear you're still waiting! Has the change in points requirements affected your eoi? Xx

I applied for NSW mid June with 65+5 (nurse) I have not received an invite. However Queensland opened there sponsorship. I applied there the beginning of July. Invited for nomination in 5 weeks. Submitted nomination on Friday. Invited to apply for visa Monday. Fingers crossed visa application will be in soon. 

4 minutes ago, kala1178 said:

I applied for NSW mid June with 65+5 (nurse) I have not received an invite. However Queensland opened there sponsorship. I applied there the beginning of July. Invited for nomination in 5 weeks. Submitted nomination on Friday. Invited to apply for visa Monday. Fingers crossed visa application will be in soon. 

Hi kala

is it still the 190 visa for Queensland as last year I was told they don’t sponsor under the 190. 

Wondering if that was nonsense 

thanks

Yes it’s the 190. They weren’t open for 190 last year when we were looking. They opened in July in the new financial year. I don’t know how long they will be open for though. Look on Iscah forum. They put updates on there for things all the time I have found it very useful x

Edited by kala1178

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, I❤️?? said:

Hi Meghan,

i'm in the same waiting boat since end of Sept 2018! Nurse with 65points. Can't u boost yo points in any way?

i have booked another IELTS 😭 to hopefully boost my points by another 10pts. 

You're going to have to boost the points I am afraid. The minimum invite for the 189 at the moment is 70 points 
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/11-august-2018-invitation-round.aspx

On 01/11/2018 at 13:38, JetBlast said:

You're going to have to boost the points I am afraid. The minimum invite for the 189 at the moment is 70 points 
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/11-august-2018-invitation-round.aspx

Assuming they continue with the same number of invites, at the same split, they will begin inviting 65pt non-prorata's next round as the 70pt ones are nearly invited to date. The 65pt backlog begins around sept 2017 though and will probably only move about 1.5-2 months per month... again, assuming the current rates continue, which seems rather unlikely. More likely we will see the 65 pointers invited for a couple months and then invites drop low enough to cut them out.

July gave us a good idea of how many NPR 70 pointer EOIs are being created per day which is approximately 6.57 (only NPR 70 pointers invited that round). Based on this and if the same invitation numbers and split continue, then we will see about 20 invites at 65 points on Nov 11. But after that about 275 per round.

Oct 11 round: 

Last 70 pt EOI invited to this round = 2 mo 12 days = 72 days 

6.57 * 72 = 473 NPR invites at 70 pts

Nov 11 round:

Last 70 pt EOI to November 11 = 2 mo 9 days = 69 days

6.57 * 69 = 453 invites at 70 pts NPR

473-453 = 20 left over invites for 65 points NPR

Dec 11 round:

Last 70 pt EOI to Dec 11 = 30 days

6.57 * 30 = 197 invites at 70 pts NPR

473-197 = 276 invites at 65 pts NPR

Those are my thoughts at least, but somehow iscah thinks there will be quite a bit more than that based on their estimates.

Edited by CivCdn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...