Partner 309, 100 refusal after 4 weeks

Ben34uk

Hi all. 

Ok so I applied for my partner visa on the 6th March 2018, my Mara agent sent all the supporting evidence along with the visa application and as far as we knew all was great 

after 4 weeks we received an email from the embassy with a refusal letter stating they hadn’t got any of the supporting evidence 

there was a note on the log in page on the immi account that some clients were experiencing technical difficulties uploading documents but as far as my agent saw everything had been uploaded 

We applied for a refund to which they refused that  we are now in the process of appeal  it has been 2 months since we sent the documents off 

has anyone got any experience in this section with regards to how long the appeal will take   

We feel like after paying £5.5k not one person at the embassy has even looked at our application and due to an error there end we are suffering because of thus 

The whole situation is terrible the way the embassy have dealt with us  and to see on this forum someone else applied a month before us and they were approved within 23 calendar days 

any help would be appreciated 

Yes the Australian high commission 

I was given 70days to appeal the decision which I have

the case has gone to the appeals tribunal in Australia and we have to await a decision from them. 

My agent said could take up to 2 years.  

THEY recently asserted that even if a list of uploaded documents couldn't be seen, the files were safe.

Over the years their system has frequently failed to retain uploads.

Sometimes uploads are not exhibited and sometime they are, at a subsequent login.

I make a practice of keeping copies of all uploaded files and a copy of the online list that exhibits the uploads. 

If I upload files in tranches, I save the upload evidence as I proceed.

Applicants and agents should not have to log on repeatedly to be able to see what has been uploaded, 

It’s shocking the way the whole system

works. 

Just want the process to hurry up looking like a 2 year stint now. Wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem being rejected after 4 weeks of application. Surely a simple email to say we haven’t received your documents you have 7 days wouldn’t be that hard 

• Like 1

Wow that is awful.  I find it really unfair that they don't make contact to ask where the documents are - surely no one deliberately fails to upload documents.  This is a nasty practise imo.  To then have to go into an appeals process is very poor.  They looked at it, found no documents and could easily have sent an email to your agent asking them what was going on.

• Like 2