Visa cost confusion

Sorry  for the daft question, this is my first post on here. Has anyone applied for both a 309 and 101 together? Want to get a price for my husband and 2 children as i have my citizenship by decent and my family have all emigrated but confused as when i go on pricing estimatior on the immi site a 309 with 2 under 18s is roughly £6,170. However on the same estimator a 309 is £3939 on its own and if i do 2 x 101s together it is £1390 which is £5329 combined?? Is it cheaper to apply seperate  and is there discount for more than one child or do i have the wrong end of the stick.  Also do you apply for the partner and child visas together with the timescales being so different for processing ?? Or can i apply for the partner then the childrens after 12 months of waiting. Its so mind baffling. Any advice would help- sorry if its a confusing post  And thanks for reading 

10 hours ago, Butterflies1988 said:

Sorry  for the daft question, this is my first post on here. Has anyone applied for both a 309 and 101 together? Want to get a price for my husband and 2 children as i have my citizenship by decent and my family have all emigrated but confused as when i go on pricing estimatior on the immi site a 309 with 2 under 18s is roughly £6,170. However on the same estimator a 309 is £3939 on its own and if i do 2 x 101s together it is £1390 which is £5329 combined?? Is it cheaper to apply seperate  and is there discount for more than one child or do i have the wrong end of the stick.  Also do you apply for the partner and child visas together with the timescales being so different for processing ?? Or can i apply for the partner then the childrens after 12 months of waiting. Its so mind baffling. Any advice would help- sorry if its a confusing post  And thanks for reading 

The 309 allows the person to include their dependents. So your partner applies for the 309 and includes the children on that applcation. There is a fee for the main applicant, then an extra fee for each dependent, al listed under thg 309. No need for a 101

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/fees#tab-content-3

Fee for a 309 is vurrently $7160, lus $1795 for each chid

Edited by Nemesis

5 hours ago, Butterflies1988 said:

Hi yes i know thanks, thats where i checked it but it gave me different prices if i did the 309 with the children added on and did a 309 and 101 seperately. This is what confused me 

Thats because a 309 and a 101 are two separate visas. What you need to be looking at is one 309, with the child as a dependent. Forget about the 101.

• Like 1

A partner visa application is AUD$7160.  If you add 2 children (both under 18), then it's an additional $1,795 x 2.  So the combined total for 3 people on a partner application is $10,750

If you instead have the children apply under the 101 visa, that's $2,470 x 2.  So a partner application plus 2 101 visas is $7160 + $2470 + $2470 =  $12,100.

So it's cheaper to have the children included as dependents on your husband's 309 application.

6 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

A partner visa application is AUD$7160.  If you add 2 children (both under 18), then it's an additional $1,795 x 2.  So the combined total for 3 people on a partner application is $10,750

If you instead have the children apply under the 101 visa, that's $2,470 x 2.  So a partner application plus 2 101 visas is $7160 + $2470 + $2470 =  $12,100.

So it's cheaper to have the children included as dependents on your husband's 309 application.

Hi , thank you for replying. When i went on to check the cost of the 101 its $2470 plus $£620 for the second child . I guess it works out at  similar price if this is the case anyway! Thanks 

17 hours ago, Butterflies1988 said:

Hi , thank you for replying. When i went on to check the cost of the 101 its $2470 plus $£620 for the second child . I guess it works out at  similar price if this is the case anyway! Thanks 

Unless one child is the dependent of the other, they are two separate applications.

20 hours ago, Butterflies1988 said:

The only reason to get 101 visas for the children is if they are not dependents of the person getting the 309.

As you seem so set on 101s, I assume the 309 applicant is not their parent? In which case you need the permission of their other parent.