How to send a pre paid envelope with supporting documents from Melbourne?!

Warman_sarahlf

Hello everyone, I need your help desperately!! 

I have gone into panic mode and we are going to send the supporting documents to Sheffield tomorrow but Australia post told us that we can't send a pre paid envelope for them to return to us!

what has everyone else done? We have no idea and need to get them sent off!

how did you all get around this or did you use a different courier?

45 minutes ago, Warman_sarahlf said:

I have gone into panic mode and we are going to send the supporting documents to Sheffield tomorrow but Australia post told us that we can't send a pre paid envelope for them to return to us!

I used DHL, expensive but much easier, they used to do a collection from home service but in the big cities there are offices, I thimk, you may have to look at alternative couriers.

50 minutes ago, Warman_sarahlf said:

Are you applying for a partner visa to the UK?   We didn't have to send anything to the UK, it was all handled in Australia.  Are you sure you're sending them to the right place?

23 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Are you applying for a partner visa to the UK?   We didn't have to send anything to the UK, it was all handled in Australia.  Are you sure you're sending them to the right place?

Yea sorry to the U.K! 

Yea it must have changed as we have to send all documents to Sheffield, UK & they want you to put in a pre paid envelope so they can send you back their documents. 

My partner had his biometrics done today and they said we have to send them to Sheffield!

32 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I used DHL, expensive but much easier, they used to do a collection from home service but in the big cities there are offices, I thimk, you may have to look at alternative couriers.

Did you have to give DHL a date on when they had to pick up the documents?

we are thinking about just sending it with Australia post and not worrying about getting our documents back. 

We just don’t know what to do 

4 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I suggest ringing the consulate where he did the biometric interview, and asking them how people are supposed to provide the prepaid envelope.  After all, every single person they interview must have to do the same thing.

That’s a good idea thank you! Brain has gone to mush as I want this whole thing over and done with! 

We aren’t too bothered if we don’t get our documents back as there’s nothing we actually need back & the passport gets sent back separately! 

Thank you again ?

6 hours ago, Warman_sarahlf said:

That’s a good idea thank you! Brain has gone to mush as I want this whole thing over and done with! 

We aren’t too bothered if we don’t get our documents back as there’s nothing we actually need back & the passport gets sent back separately! 

Thank you again ?

It seems from the web you might be able to buy International reply coupons, IRC's on ebay which are valid across the world, just make sure they are in date, don't know whether that helps, Aus post used to do them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

It seems from the web you might be able to buy International reply coupons, IRC's on ebay which are valid across the world, just make sure they are in date, don't know whether that helps, Aus post used to do them.

Looks like Australia Post still has them but maybe your local post office doesn't know it

https://auspost.com.au/business/marketing-and-communications/bulk-mailouts/bulk-mail-options/international-reply-paid

7 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

47 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Looks like Australia Post still has them but maybe your local post office doesn't know it

https://auspost.com.au/business/marketing-and-communications/bulk-mailouts/bulk-mail-options/international-reply-paid

Thank you both! Had a look and they only do a maximum weight of 50grams & ours weighs more then that!

What we are thinking is to get my brother who lives in the uk to send a Royal Mail pre paid international envelope to Sheffield once we have sent our documents. Probably the easiest and quickest way as we don't have much lee way between now and when we want to fly ?

Thank you you for all your help, we are going to send them off soon ?