High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Woop fantastic!
I'm certain this will be the final cold Christmas for all of us in this thread (except the occasional visit back home). We're still hoping for an August flight to Adelaide but will be happy by getting out before the end of the year.
Everyone - If your visa grant came through in February, when do you reckon you'd fly out?
Hi Jon or Sophie. I've been following the this thread and other. I'm amused to see yours@jetblast jenki and jellica responses. I'm sailing in the same boat as yours. Front loaded my Visa application on 15th November. Awaiting grant. I would love to be in touch with you bunch and hopefully tag along for a beer at Henley :). If I get my grant in Feb/March , me and my wife are planning to touch down by July end. Hope to see you'll in Adelaide. Stay in touch!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Renault said:

Hi Jon or Sophie. I've been following the this thread and other. I'm amused to see yours@jetblast jenki and jellica responses. I'm sailing in the same boat as yours. Front loaded my Visa application on 15th November. Awaiting grant. I would love to be in touch with you bunch and hopefully tag along for a beer at Henley :). If I get my grant in Feb/March , me and my wife are planning to touch down by July end. Hope to see you'll in Adelaide. Stay in touch!

You're more than welcome to join us. More the merrier!

• Like 1

Hi Jon or Sophie. I've been following the this thread and other. I'm amused to see yours[mention=242357]jetblast[/mention] jenki and jellica responses. I'm sailing in the same boat as yours. Front loaded my Visa application on 15th November. Awaiting grant. I would love to be in touch with you bunch and hopefully tag along for a beer at Henley :). If I get my grant in Feb/March , me and my wife are planning to touch down by July end. Hope to see you'll in Adelaide. Stay in touch!
Welcome, just so you know ...First person to arrive in SA is buying the beers on Henley beach, its turning into a big round [emoji23]
  • Like 1

And that might be me! Ha

When are you thinking of going Jellica?

Yeah, I think this is your round Jetblast! [emoji23]

We are hoping to leave 2/3 months after the visa is granted. so it all lies in the hands of our case officer really. that should give us the time we need to sort out some loose ends ... May would be pretty neat

18 minutes ago, Jellica said:

Yeah, I think this is your round Jetblast! emoji23.png

We are hoping to leave 2/3 months after the visa is granted. so it all lies in the hands of our case officer really. that should give us the time we need to sort out some loose ends ... May would be pretty neat

It might be a similar time for me.

When I get some time I might make a little chart on here so we can see each others progress and when we are expected to get there.

• Like 2

It might be a similar time for me.
When I get some time I might make a little chart on here so we can see each others progress and when we are expected to get there.
That sounds like a good plan. Lets all update ot and help to track each other application and hopefully be in touch later when we reach there.
  • Like 1

Yes that round of beer on Henley Beach is starting to look like its going to be expensive! Hopefully Costco in Adelaide has a Liquor store. 

We have been stressing a little with the Canadian police checks, we did them on Dec 20th and they are not here yet. Canada post has been trying to strike so they are painfully slow at the moment. So hopefully they come soon, as I want everything uploaded before they start looking at the visa account.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

Yes that round of beer on Henley Beach is starting to look like its going to be expensive! Hopefully Costco in Adelaide has a Liquor store. 

We have been stressing a little with the Canadian police checks, we did them on Dec 20th and they are not here yet. Canada post has been trying to strike so they are painfully slow at the moment. So hopefully they come soon, as I want everything uploaded before they start looking at the visa account.

Eeeeek, hope they come through before the first CO contact!

Yes, we're starting to get quite a big group. @Renault you're definitely welcome to join us too!!! We're still hoping for a grant by March, and I think we were the last to apply out of everyone here (13th December) so it'll be good seeing you guys getting your acceptances and seeing how the timescales are coming along!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Renault said:

We definitely want to be there by the 2019 Royal Adelaide Show. It runs Friday 30 August to Sunday 8 September and is a load of fun - we went there back in 2010. We can all catch up there too, have a beer and grab a few showbags.

• Like 3

oh no! fingers crossed it comes through and you guys get it uploaded before the CO looks at your file.

Ive been scouring the net looking at what extra documents they request- all in the interest of making sure we have a complete file to hopefully get a direct grant! most of it is uploaded already, form 80s, payslips, etc etc

only thing I've found is our CVs, has everyone else uploaded their current CV? surely its all covered in the Form80 anyhoo - all I can find is a paper copy of mine from 2009! oops!

meh!
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jellica said:

oh no! fingers crossed it comes through and you guys get it uploaded before the CO looks at your file.

Ive been scouring the net looking at what extra documents they request- all in the interest of making sure we have a complete file to hopefully get a direct grant! most of it is uploaded already, form 80s, payslips, etc etc

only thing I've found is our CVs, has everyone else uploaded their current CV? surely its all covered in the Form80 anyhoo - all I can find is a paper copy of mine from 2009! oops!

meh!

We have done the same as you Jellica, we have uploaded so much I only have space on my upload area for the police check. I uploaded pay subs, bank statements, my employers tax form (T4), CV, reference, my notice of assessment from each tax year.....so much. Then I had the kids to cover on top of all that. A direct grant would be so nice but I would be shocked if we got one. 

1 hour ago, Jenki75 said:

Im quite glad there is a Costco locally. I once used my UK membership card in the store near Brisbane and it works fine so I am ready to go as soon as I arrive! ha ha

Edited by JetBlast
  • Haha 1

Plane tickets bought, we're shipping out on March the 4th. Best of luck to all of you and have a bit of patience! It took 10 months for us from applying for visas to grant.
Ooooo exciting times, good luck. Im open to it taking a while but Im hoping we could be one of the lucky ones ... Im happy so long as we make it over this year (I said that last year too, then SA had mega processing times for sponsorship!)

Plane tickets bought, we're shipping out on March the 4th. Best of luck to all of you and have a bit of patience! It took 10 months for us from applying for visas to grant.
Congrats Dan. I'm curious how come it took 10 months from application of the Visa to grant..did CO ask for more documents? Appreciate if you can out some light on. Thanks

40 minutes ago, Renault said:
2 hours ago, Dan.S said:

Congrats Dan. I'm curious how come it took 10 months from application of the Visa to grant..did CO ask for more documents? Appreciate if you can out some light on. Thanks

They've requested additional support documentation for work experience on two separate occasions, then our police checks expired. So 3 delays. They could have asked for the additional info in one go, but hey... it just the way it goes sometimes.