Australia PR - Partner Skill Qualifications

Hi All

I will apply for my Australia PR sooner or later. I’m so confused (highlighted in red) whether I can get 5 points from Partner Skill Qualifications or not? Can you please let me know? Thanks a lot.

• My education – Graduation, B. Tech (Software Engineer)
  • She is under 50 years and has good English ability
  • Her Education – Post Graduation, MBA (Master of Business Administration)

PSQ.png

To get the points, your partner must qualify to migrate with you in terms of relationship and must have a positive skills assessment in an occupation on the list. 

Probably best to go over your case with an agent if you are unsure or in need of more points.

Suppose she qualified in terms of relationship (I can provide marriage certificate and something document to support the relationship) and have a positive skills assessment.

My question is does it also depend on my skill or education or not? Or we proved above things then we get 5 points. Can you confirm?

I'm not sure what you are asking.  

When you apply for PR, you will be applying based on your skills and education, right?   And you will be awarded points based on yourself.

Normally, your wife would just be included in your application and you don't get any extra points for her.  However, if she also has a similar occupation (i.e. it's on the Skilled Occupation list under the same sub-class as you), then she can do a skills assessment, and you get another 5 points.

Edited by Marisawright

Thanks. As you mentioned - If she also has a similar occupation (i.e. it's on the Skilled Occupation list under the same sub-class as you), then she can do a skills assessment, and you get another 5 points.

I'm on 457 visa with Nominated Occupation Software Engineer - 261313

And she worked as Finance officer in MNC, basic role and responsibility is to process employee reimbursement amount / salary / account reconciliation etc.. All financial activities.

Does this 5 points dependent on me in any way because you mentioned "it's on the Skilled Occupation list under the same sub-class as you as you"

Can I get 5 points? If she is less than 50 years + good English.

1 hour ago, Harshit1 said:

Thanks. As you mentioned - If she also has a similar occupation (i.e. it's on the Skilled Occupation list under the same sub-class as you), then she can do a skills assessment, and you get another 5 points.

I'm on 457 visa with Nominated Occupation Software Engineer - 261313

And she worked as Finance officer in MNC, basic role and responsibility is to process employee reimbursement amount / salary / account reconciliation etc.. All financial activities.

Does this 5 points dependent on me in any way because you mentioned "it's on the Skilled Occupation list under the same sub-class as you as you"

Can I get 5 points? If she is less than 50 years + good English.

Say you applied under the 189 scheme- if you wife's occupation is on the skills list covering this visa and she can pass the skills assessment then you get 5 points. Check with an agent if unsure