UK police check NO LIVE TRACE

LauraHol89

So when filling the visa application my husband said 100% to tick 'No' against the question around convictions etc saying it was "Just a slap on the wrist" from a silly thing he did when he was about 14/15. 

Yet on the UK police check his has come back with "no live trace" which means there is a criminal record but deemed no longer relevant. 

Do I need to do anything with that?! 

Any advice pls. 

Mine says "No trace" but my husband's is "No Live Trace". 

Explanation on the cover letter state: NO TRACE = You do not have any convictions, cautions, final warnings or reprimands.... and NO LIVE TRACE = Whilst there is criminal record information held aboit you, this information does not appear on your Police Certificate(s) as it is deemed no longer relevant. It still forms part of your criminal history and it is your responsibility to declare it in accordance with the conditions of your visa application. 

.... we did check the visa application though and that just talks of actually being convicted which he never was so it should be ok I hope! 

I've read that a lot of people though had theirs say No Live Trace and then queried it to have it changed after to No Trace. Weird!

You can try to alter your application and tick the yes box for your husband.  Alternatively, he can write a statement regarding the offence(s) he committed, and how he has never been in trouble since etc.  Depending on the offence he could supply a character witness statement also. 

1 minute ago, ali said:

You can try to alter your application and tick the yes box for your husband.  Alternatively, he can write a statement regarding the offence(s) he committed, and how he has never been in trouble since etc.  Depending on the offence he could supply a character witness statement also. 

Thank you ?

We checked back at the application questions and they talk only of being convicted which he never had been so thank the Lord there is no incorrect info on our actual visa application! 

I've seen that you can obtain a Subject Access Request form which gives all details behind the "No Live Trace" so I will upload that alongside the police check so they can see that it was nothing and from a very long time ago. 

Phew!