Questions about e600 while waiting for Parent Visa

Leana

Good Afternoon

My parents applied for the 143 parent visa in Feb 2016, the processing times have now become much longer and they now may have to wait 56 months instead of 27 months as initially thought. Anyway they came to Australia in October 2017 for 8 months on an e600 visa and now have gone back home for 5 months until October again. I was just wondering when they come back again in October does the 12 month period start again on the e600 on do they need to apply for another one once the 18 month period has been completed? 

Many thanks

Leana

On 23/06/2018 at 17:05, Leana said:

Good Afternoon

My parents applied for the 143 parent visa in Feb 2016, the processing times have now become much longer and they now may have to wait 56 months instead of 27 months as initially thought. Anyway they came to Australia in October 2017 for 8 months on an e600 visa and now have gone back home for 5 months until October again. I was just wondering when they come back again in October does the 12 month period start again on the e600 on do they need to apply for another one once the 18 month period has been completed? 

Many thanks

Leana

Hi Leana.

What does the e600 visa grant notice say?

The answer to your question is likely to be on that document.

Best regards.

The visa visa says staunch period 12 months, but has clause 8558 on it which says max 12 months stay in 18 months. But says it is valid until sept 202 so does that mean that they can stay two lots of 12 months just as long as they are not in an 18 month period? 

Yes so if they have been in Australia for 12 months they must depart for at least six months before returning.  

As long as their last entry is before the date in 2020 (I assume that is what you meant to type) they can stay for 12 months after that too even though the entry date has expired.