Partner visa 820 granted!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared advice and experiences in the short time I've been posting on the forum.

So pleased to say that my temporary 820 partner visa application was granted, on the 29/05/2018 (My Birthday!) 5 months after I applied on 17/12/2017. 

For those who are applying for the same or similar visas, I had a medical April 17th and was not asked to an interview. I would be happy to answer any questions about documents uploaded, forms submitted etc.

It's a massive weight off our minds so thank you to the PomsinOz community!

• Like 2

Congrats. 

Ensure you keep things for evidence going forward to use in the second stage. If you file it all as you go along its far easier than trying to sift back through it all when the time comes. 

Yes, great news indeed. As Snifter says, do keep records but no need to get too anal about it. The big one is the one you have just got - now the onus would be on them after two years to prove that your partnership was not genuine and continuing. 

• Like 2

Many congrats!! We just got ours too so I can relate re: weight off the mind. As pointed out above the challenge is to not drop the ball and keep gathering evidence now ? 

I now know they don't care about our receipts for restaurant meals or cinema tickets ? so hopefully it's just a question of keeping a regular record of bills, bank statements etc...

• Like 1