VEVO not showing updated passport change

sarah harmer

New #6
Hi

Our daughters passport has been changed as it was coming up to 5 years old and there was not 6 months left on it for when we go on our validation trip this July.

I have updated our IMMI account with the new Passport number and it seemed to be fine with a message saying thank you. But the VEVO account in her name still has her OLD Passport number showing on her grant letter. Will we be okay at the airport? We'll bring both passports I think, just encase there is a query, but really would prefer to see her updated passport number on VEVO.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks
Sarah

As long as her current passport is valid when she enters, it wouldn't matter if the visa was still attached to it (Australia doesn't require any particular validity beyond the entry date).  But if you take both with you along with the visa grant letter, you may have a few extra minutes at passport control but I doubt much other difficulty.

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:48, sarah harmer said:
New #6
Hi

Our daughters passport has been changed as it was coming up to 5 years old and there was not 6 months left on it for when we go on our validation trip this July.

I have updated our IMMI account with the new Passport number and it seemed to be fine with a message saying thank you. But the VEVO account in her name still has her OLD Passport number showing on her grant letter. Will we be okay at the airport? We'll bring both passports I think, just encase there is a query, but really would prefer to see her updated passport number on VEVO.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks
Sarah

Hi Sarah

I sent a filled out FORM 929 to the Immigration to let them know about my new passport including a photocopy of the new passport photo page.  My VEVO has showed my new passport before our holiday, so I had no issues last Month when we had our holiday.

Here is the link for your reference: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/how-can-i-update-my-address-or-passport-details

Edited by Zet01
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Zet01 said:

Hi Sarah

I sent a filled out FORM 929 to the Immigration to let them know about my new passport including a photocopy of the new passport photo page.  My VEVO has showed my new passport before our holiday, so I had no issues last Month when we had our holiday.

Here is the link for your reference: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/how-can-i-update-my-address-or-passport-details

Thank you so much for this.