Visa advice

An agent is going to ensure you have a decent case to apply and the evidence required. 

People who apply without meeting the de facto requirements or who fail to supply enough evidence etc with their application leave themselves open to a refusal. I can’t imagine an agent would let that sort of poor application be lodged in the first case.

If you meet the requirements and can prove de facto with the evidence they are after etc, doing it yourself isn’t a disaster. Submitting a half baked application would be though. 

I did my own and found it straightforward and common sense stuff. No medical or criminal issues either. Submitted a decent complete application and ensured I provided everything they had listed. I also clearly met the de facto time requirement at time of lodging. 

4 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Based on another posting of yours you may find the services of a MARA registered agent beneficial particularly if you are trying to circumvent the 12 month defact requirement.

O if that’s the case then yes, may well be worth consulting with an agent to be fully informed. 

If you don’t meet the requirements, don’t submit an application is the best advice I can give if planning to lodge yourself. Will save a lot of money and upset.

I doubt an agent would lodge for you if you don’t. But I’ll leave that for the agent to discuss with you. 

I will have 10 months solid proof of living together. 11 with extra paper work the real estate are willing to provide me with as we had to wait a while before I was approved. And before this we had been together for a while and we couldn’t live together due to me having to live on site for my rural work. I also have a joint bank account, will have registered my relationship, hopefully soon, both on the power bill, Facebook proof of being together photos etc, invitations to events. And I have friends and family who can write statements for me. I’ve looked through and feel from my research I can tick all boxes. I’m just finding it stressful wondering “what if” I keep researching but not sure how confident I am in myself but I don’t think I can save up that sort of money in time 

2 minutes ago, Hannahhope799 said:

I will have 10 months solid proof of living together. 11 with extra paper work the real estate are willing to provide me with as we had to wait a while before I was approved. And before this we had been together for a while and we couldn’t live together due to me having to live on site for my rural work. I also have a joint bank account, will have registered my relationship, hopefully soon, both on the power bill, Facebook proof of being together photos etc, invitations to events. And I have friends and family who can write statements for me. I’ve looked through and feel from my research I can tick all boxes. I’m just finding it stressful wondering “what if” I keep researching but not sure how confident I am in myself but I don’t think I can save up that sort of money in time 

Run your case past one of the agents on here. The ones who post regularly are all good and usually offer a free consult iirc. If it helps you get peace of mind it would be worth it surely :) 

Register the relationship asap. You could have done that already I’d have thought, not leave it till the last minute and more desperate times IYKWIM :)