190 Visa Help

Hi,

I submitted an expression of interest for a 189 visa in January 2018 with 65 points and know I have little chance of getting an invitation anytime soon so am considering a 190 also and have a few questions if anyone is able to kindly assist. I am a Construction Project Manager and would apply for the 190 visa for Queensland.

I am from the UK and have recently moved to Melbourne on a working holiday visa. My partner is on a student visa and is studying for the next twelve months. 

If I was successful with receiving an invitation, applying and receiving a 190 Visa for Queensland before my working holiday and my partners studies are finished what is the time period that I have to move to Queensland and would I be able to continue working in Melbourne with my working holiday visa. 

Thanks

Adam

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

If you are currently living in Melbourne it is very unlikely any other state will sponsor. 

What does this mean ?? Like my husband is living in Melbourne too and we going to apply eoi for nsw for 190 !! 

Do we have to move there to get selected 

4 hours ago, Waris said:

What does this mean ?? Like my husband is living in Melbourne too and we going to apply eoi for nsw for 190 !! 

Do we have to move there to get selected 

Normally, no state will sponsor someone living in another state. States want to ensure that people are moving there and are very aware the system has been massively abused by people being sponsored and not moving to the sponsoring state. So, they normally won't sponsor someone living in another state as a result. 

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Normally, no state will sponsor someone living in another state. States want to ensure that people are moving there and are very aware the system has been massively abused by people being sponsored and not moving to the sponsoring state. So, they normally won't sponsor someone living in another state as a result. 

Oh wow !!! Is it published somewhere !! Is not we have to move to nominated place after approval within 3 months .. 

u make me confused .. should he mov the nsw now !!

There is no formal guide. The states have a big discretion on sponsoring. For example, it is perfectly possible to meet the requirements for sponsorship, but the state to refuse sponsorship and that is something we see on the forum regularly and there is no appeal. 

If you need further advice on the way forward a maximising chance of sponsorship, I would take professional advice from a registered agent. 

Just to add, I’ve heard of numerous cases of 190 sponsorship applications being rejected because the applicant hedged bets and applied to more than one state. You have to provide compelling evidence that you’ll move to the nominated state if successful and living in another state obviously undermines that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ABG said:

Just to add, I’ve heard of numerous cases of 190 sponsorship applications being rejected because the applicant hedged bets and applied to more than one state. You have to provide compelling evidence that you’ll move to the nominated state if successful and living in another state obviously undermines that.

Hello. ABG 

THANKS for the info ..what should be the compelling evidence to please them ?? 

And currently my husband lives in Melbourne, he got 457 visa .. he can’t move to nsw as of now .. but if we get 190 , we shall be moving there !

also I read this on nsw website 

it’s says if your visa in granted ,, then move to nsw and live and work there 

1. The Department of Home Affairs will advise you of the decision on your visa application
  2. If your visa is granted, move to NSW and commence your two year commitment to live and work in the state

Thanks my friend .. plz do clear if I am wrong 

Edited by Waris

Hello. ABG 
THANKS for the info ..what should be the compelling evidence to please them ?? 
And currently my husband lives in Melbourne, he got 457 visa .. he can’t move to nsw as of now .. but if we get 190 , we shall be moving there !

also I read this on nsw website 
it’s says if your visa in granted ,, then move to nsw and live and work there 
  1. The Department of Home Affairs will advise you of the decision on your visa application
  2. If your visa is granted, move to NSW and commence your two year commitment to live and work in the state

Thanks my friend .. plz do clear if I am wrong 

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer. On the plus side, Victoria seems to be one of the harshest with rejecting applications if there seems to be ambiguity around commitment to the state, but you’re moving from there not to there. You’ll just have to play it by ear. If you have friends and family in NSW that should help and be sure to mention it. I got Vic sponsorship, and in my application indicated I had family and friends in the state . It was the only state I applied to for sponsorship

40 minutes ago, ABG said:

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer. On the plus side, Victoria seems to be one of the harshest with rejecting applications if there seems to be ambiguity around commitment to the state, but you’re moving from there not to there. You’ll just have to play it by ear. If you have friends and family in NSW that should help and be sure to mention it. I got Vic sponsorship, and in my application indicated I had family and friends in the state . It was the only state I applied to for sponsorship

Hmmm 

unfortunately no relatives in there .. but I like the weather of nsw .. Melbourne is so cold .. can we mention it??? 

Did u really have family in Victoria??? Or u jus said 

Edited by Waris

Thanks. Can anyone who has had a 190 visa approved help with my question in relation to how quickly I must move and work in the nominated state as it must say on the visa. I would have thought you get some time as if the applicant was living overseas for example it could take some time to relocate? Thanks

2 hours ago, Boycee24 said:

Thanks. Can anyone who has had a 190 visa approved help with my question in relation to how quickly I must move and work in the nominated state as it must say on the visa. I would have thought you get some time as if the applicant was living overseas for example it could take some time to relocate? Thanks

I don't know, but I wouldn't assume you get a lot of time.  In the olden days when we got our visa, we had three months to move to Australia (from Scotland)!

I have 190 sponsorship from Victoria. The only timeline conditions were the following:

Conditions of Victorian Government nomination

1. You and your dependants intend to live in Victoria for at least two years.  You understand that this two year commitment commences from the time that the nominated visa is granted if you are already living in Victoria; or upon arrival in Australia if you are currently living overseas.

Hope that helps - there are requirements to complete a questionnaire every 6 months or so for the first two years, but thats more for them to gauge where people are at. It took me all of 2 minutes to complete each one.

5 hours ago, Boycee24 said:

It’s 3 months .. I read it on Dibp website