864 Aged Parent Visa

Pebai

Hi there

New to the minefield of parent visas. My parents are hoping to apply in the new few months. 

I can't seem to get a definitive answer re the 864 visa. It says on border website the processing time is unavailable due to low volume of applications. Does this just mean the processing time is not available or the visa?

Thanks so much

Hi there
New to the minefield of parent visas. My parents are hoping to apply in the new few months. 
I can't seem to get a definitive answer re the 864 visa. It says on border website the processing time is unavailable due to low volume of applications. Does this just mean the processing time is not available or the visa?

Thanks so much

Hi - that message is usually in relation to the processing times and not the availability of the visa.

On 21/04/2018 at 22:28, Pebai said:

Thanks yes we meet the income test and now understand the increased AOS 

ok great 3 years isn't so bad

So whats the diff between 143 and 864 just the aged parent part is all i can see, but must be more to it

A Bridging Visa is available with an 864 application, which allows you to remain in Australia for the duration of visa processing.

Best regards.

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

A Bridging Visa is available with an 864 application, which allows you to remain in Australia for the duration of visa processing.

Best regards.

Alan hope this isn't a cheeky question but,  in the worst scenario of the 864 taking longer than the time left before our 410 needs renewing does this present a problem? or can we just renew as usual.

Thanks

1 minute ago, ramot said:

Alan hope this isn't a cheeky question but,  in the worst scenario of the 864 taking longer than the time left before our 410 needs renewing does this present a problem? or can we just renew as usual.

Thanks

I would be renewing the 410 visa, in that circumstance.

Best regards.

• Like 1