Assurance of Support

Amy Shiraz

9 hours ago, ramot said:

This isn't totally relevant, but our son who is here in Oz, rang me this afternoon. He had just returned from a trip, so hadn't talked to him about the AOS having changed. I mentioned that my husband, who had accepted that the visa was important to me but wasn't really keen as we are "safe" on our existing visa, was annoyed enough to slightly consider withdrawing. He said he completely feels we should definitely keep the application ongoing for the visa and see the wait out, and that it would be safer for us to be here as PR, and that the new amount is easily covered, which I did know, but it was so lovely to hear him say it, not least because he loves having us here and how important it is to me.

And you are quite right. This change is immediate and in my mind should only be for brand new parent visa applicants from 1 April  18 not those who have been in the process for nearly 3yrs ( which when they applied processing time was 18-24months and now stretching to 39months.) who now find their children do no have enough income ! 

Open the door or close the door. Do not dangle the carrot only to slam it shut as we are half way in would be nice,

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Amy86 said:

Hi guys,

I found this post very interesting and sad in the same time.

I have been in Australia for 5 years and I'm 31 yeras old.

It's very hard for all of us.

We left our hometown and families, hoping that sooner or later we'll Live in the same Country, but I understand, that at this point, it will be a dream.??

For our parents is getting harder and harder to get the Visa, and even for us it is difficult (I still waiting for my Permanet Residency)????

I just want to say that, I agree with all the rules and changes that they are making with the Visa(even if it's getting harder and harder for all of us) because from here I can understand their point of view.

We understand that our parents are extremely sad,even if they are happy for us, I know, that Since we left, something is missing in their life and their hearts are broken. ??

It is the same for us, and it isn't easy live without your mam,dad, brothers, sisters, nices and nephews.

Sooner or later,We'll need to make a choice,even if it will be very difficult: 

Do we need prioritize our future family, husband, kids or do we need go back to our hometown close to our mam and dad? 

In my case will be hard make this choice because in one hand, if I'll stay here, I know that my future family will be happier and (maybe) my kids will have less reasons to leave this country, but, on the other hand, I'll be very sad because will be difficult stay away for so long from our family especially when I'll have kids, thinking of my parents stay away from their grandchildren will be atrocious.

I'll finish saying to all the Parents that are leaving offshore, PLEASE, don't put a lot pressure on us and don't ask us to make a decision now, because is not easy.

I'm so sorry if I went into this talk.

Ps: sorry if my English is not fluent??

Good luck to everyone. ??

I read what you say and I feel sad, then I think hang on a minute, you did actually choose to move half way across the world...

we migrated, not particularly a desire then, hubby was headhunted and we loved the idea of the adventure, when we arrived we simply fell in love, gained PR quickly then became citizens.  BUT, we took my parents ONLY grandchild with us, yes it’s heart wrenching but we made our choices and for us, we are family, we are number one priority family.  Whilst our parents are sad at times and miss us, they have their amazing memories or raising and nurturing us, they are proud of what we are achieving and the life we live, they visit and are allwayd welcome (ignore my moaning thread ha ha!),  they never ever wanted us to be beholden to them as adults, their amazing attitudes in raising us was to set us free and for forth and grab our own lives and futures and that is what we have done.  I don’t feel guilty, I would feel guilty not having this life and providing what I am for my child. There are major downsides, she left them at w young age and when they visit they think she is still this young age and so it’s hard for her to connect.  But, I grew up with my parents, extended family were occasional, it was those times, I don’t see why it should be different, my parents had me and my siblings all to themselves growing up.  On special occasions when I’m not there e.g. Mother’s Day, my Dad takes mum out for a special lunch or dinner and thanks her for his 3 amazing children, I think that’s totally appropriate, his children have grown and become mothers themselves, I’m so many miles away and Mother’s Day is special to ME, I’m a mother and I treasure it with my daughter.  We all adapt and when she’s a mother, I want her kids to treasure her and she adore that whilst me and hubby fine dine and take pleasure in the wonderful daughter we raised.  I’ve gone off on a tangent but in essence I’m saying parents set their children free and take pride in their success and achievements, they don’t expect them to be beholden for the rest of their lives xxxx

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ramot said:

This isn't totally relevant, but our son who is here in Oz, rang me this afternoon. He had just returned from a trip, so hadn't talked to him about the AOS having changed. I mentioned that my husband, who had accepted that the visa was important to me but wasn't really keen as we are "safe" on our existing visa, was annoyed enough to slightly consider withdrawing. He said he completely feels we should definitely keep the application ongoing for the visa and see the wait out, and that it would be safer for us to be here as PR, and that the new amount is easily covered, which I did know, but it was so lovely to hear him say it, not least because he loves having us here and how important it is to me.

And Ramot, I’ve said my piece to another post however, I do want to say that I have followed and read with interest and joy many things you have posted, I have only lived half the life you have, you never cease to amaze me with your lovely and amazing stories about your life, journey and travels, I think you are amazing.  I completely agree, this new legislation is a farce but applying it retrospectively to me is just completely unethical and a disgrace.  I know you’re situation is entirely different but by sheer technicality of the farcical visa rules for parents you are caught up in the mess and I really do empathise.  My best wishes ans keep strong, your son sounds amazing xxx

Edited by Phoenix16
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Phoenix16 said:

And Ramot, I’ve said my piece to another post however, I do want to say that I have followed and read with interest and joy many things you have posted, I have only lived half the life you have, you never cease to amaze me with your lovely and amazing stories about your life, journey and travels, I think you are amazing.  I completely agree, this new legislation is a farce but applying it retrospectively to me is just completely unethical and a disgrace.  I know you’re situation is entirely different but by sheer technicality of the farcical visa rules for parents you are caught up in the mess and I really do empathise.  My best wishes ans keep strong, your son sounds amazing xxx

Thank you for your lovely comments xM

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phoenix16 said:

I read what you say and I feel sad, then I think hang on a minute, you did actually choose to move half way across the world...

we migrated, not particularly a desire then, hubby was headhunted and we loved the idea of the adventure, when we arrived we simply fell in love, gained PR quickly then became citizens.  BUT, we took my parents ONLY grandchild with us, yes it’s heart wrenching but we made our choices and for us, we are family, we are number one priority family.  Whilst our parents are sad at times and miss us, they have their amazing memories or raising and nurturing us, they are proud of what we are achieving and the life we live, they visit and are allwayd welcome (ignore my moaning thread ha ha!),  they never ever wanted us to be beholden to them as adults, their amazing attitudes in raising us was to set us free and for forth and grab our own lives and futures and that is what we have done.  I don’t feel guilty, I would feel guilty not having this life and providing what I am for my child. There are major downsides, she left them at w young age and when they visit they think she is still this young age and so it’s hard for her to connect.  But, I grew up with my parents, extended family were occasional, it was those times, I don’t see why it should be different, my parents had me and my siblings all to themselves growing up.  On special occasions when I’m not there e.g. Mother’s Day, my Dad takes mum out for a special lunch or dinner and thanks her for his 3 amazing children, I think that’s totally appropriate, his children have grown and become mothers themselves, I’m so many miles away and Mother’s Day is special to ME, I’m a mother and I treasure it with my daughter.  We all adapt and when she’s a mother, I want her kids to treasure her and she adore that whilst me and hubby fine dine and take pleasure in the wonderful daughter we raised.  I’ve gone off on a tangent but in essence I’m saying parents set their children free and take pride in their success and achievements, they don’t expect them to be beholden for the rest of their lives xxxx

Thank you for your answer it makes me feel better??

From your post I can understand that you have a beautiful family and parents that supported you in your new adventure and they are so proud of you and their grandchildren...

But, unfortunately, some parents, are not open minded like yours.

My Mum call me everytime, asking me when I'll go back because she miss me,but, My dad his happy for me.

He understand the situation.

I don't  want to disappointed her , but in the same time I don't want to go back forever.

Like you said it was our choice, we make our own decision, with the hope of finding a better future for us and for our kids.

Now I can not fully understand because unfortunately I don't have kids, but sooner, I Will understand your point and how you feel.

Hopefully I'll have the chance To stay in Australia forever. After my Permanent Residency l'll go back to my town for a few months and explain my mum which one are my plans for my future family.

Fingers crossed she will understand and support me.??

Thank you again and have a great day.

• Like 3