417 waiting time

Amy86

Hi Guys, 

my sister in low wants to apply for the 417 Visa.

Do you know how long will be the processing time for it, based in your own experiences??

The immi website is showing 15-44 days.

Any advice will be very appreciate.

thank you ? 

1 hour ago, Amy86 said:

Hi Guys, 

my sister in low wants to apply for the 417 Visa.

Do you know how long will be the processing time for it, based in your own experiences??

The immi website is showing 15-44 days.

Any advice will be very appreciate.

thank you ? 

hlw

I have applied for 457 in last year june

haven't get any update till now

my immi shows application received

• Confused 1

On 29/03/2018 at 16:40, VERYSTORMY said:

Normally granted in a couple of days. But, there can be a lot of things which can cause delays. 

She arrived in Australia with her husband from Italy two years ago, with a student Visa,because he is from Venezuela and he couldn't apply for a 417.

She was studying to became a chef, after she changed idea and she study to became a beauty therapist and she graduated on it. In the main time she has separated from her husband,now ex.

After that she renewed her student visa, but will expired in June,so she is thinking to apply for a 417 Visa.

The problem is that she can not apply for it onshore, so she il willing to move to New Zealand and wait for her Visa to be approved...

The problem will be if her Visa will not be happroved soon, causing all this changes that she made in the past two years.

Any advices could be helpful..

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Amy86 said:

She arrived in Australia with her husband from Italy two years ago...

The problem is that she can not apply for it onshore, so she il willing to move to New Zealand and wait for her Visa to be approved...

So your question is, if she moves to New Zealand to make the application, how long will she have to stay there?   

As others have said, usually the 417 is granted in just one or two days.  So if she allowed a week, it should be enough.

However, I am concerned Immigration may think she is trying to find a "back door" way to stay in Australia permanently.  So maybe a consultation with an agent would be wise.

21 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

So your question is, if she moves to New Zealand to make the application, how long will she have to stay there?   

As others have said, usually the 417 is granted in just one or two days.  So if she allowed a week, it should be enough.

However, I am concerned Immigration may think she is trying to find a "back door" way to stay in Australia permanently.  So maybe a consultation with an agent would be wise.

Thank you for your answer,

yes, she wants to apply for the 417 from New Zealand and after fly back to Australia and in the main time keep paying  rent and leave all her stuff here...