Skills Assessment came back negative!!

celeliza

Hi

Yesterday, my agent emailed me with some disappointing news that my skills assessment came back NEGATIVE. I had been waiting for over 3 months as there was a delay finalising my case and that VETASSESS has not recognised my Higher Diploma and NVQs as equivalent to the Australian framework.

Has anyone been refused this and whether they had to apply for a re-assessment? Or took another alternative?? This was supposed to apply for visa sub class 475.

I feel like I'm losing hope moving to Australia!! :dull:

Cheers, Claire

Guest hodgy698

Chin up! There is always another way. Just out of interest - what field is your higher diploma and NVQs in? Have you used an agency or applied independently? Although agencies cost, it may be worth it as they know all the ins and outs. Another route is getting employer sponsorship - go over and go for a couple of interviews. That's the advice that was given to one of the PomsInOz bloggers by their agency. An agency will also be able to tell you if there is something additional you could do to add to your accreditation, eg additional hours or an additional course that would add weight to your overall experience. There's always a way - but you will only find that way if you keep positive! Good luck!

Guest Birdiesinoz
Hi

Yesterday, my agent emailed me with some disappointing news that my skills assessment came back NEGATIVE. I had been waiting for over 3 months as there was a delay finalising my case and that VETASSESS has not recognised my Higher Diploma and NVQs as equivalent to the Australian framework.

Has anyone been refused this and whether they had to apply for a re-assessment? Or took another alternative?? This was supposed to apply for visa sub class 475.

I feel like I'm losing hope moving to Australia!! :dull:

Cheers, Claire

Hi Claire

have you read this post, it may be of assistance?

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/37723-5-points-short-not-any-more.html

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for those who replied. I'm pleased to say I've signed up with a training provider in Australia for a RPL and attain an Aus qualification in the end. I'm planning to apply for a re-assessment once I get the certificate. Fingers crossed this time round!!!

Cheers, Claire

Archived