186 Direct Entry - Employer change

Hi team, I have put in my PR application (186 - Direct Entry Stream) and I am about to complete 2 years with my current employer. However I am considering changing my employer who will provide me 457 sponsorship. Can you please let me know what is the impact on my visa application if I change my employer and probably my skill too.

Many Thanks!

Poonam.

2 hours ago, Poonam Korakodu said:

Hi team, I have put in my PR application (186 - Direct Entry Stream) and I am about to complete 2 years with my current employer. However I am considering changing my employer who will provide me 457 sponsorship. Can you please let me know what is the impact on my visa application if I change my employer and probably my skill too.

Many Thanks!

Poonam.

Your new employer cannot sponsor you on a 457 as they ceased to exist last weekend. 

9 hours ago, Poonam Korakodu said:

I dont think you get my question. I have already applied for 186 Direct Entry Scheme. I want to know what happens if I change my employer at this stage.

In complicated cases like these where you might end up losing your status with one misstep, it is better to consult a Registered Migration Agent. This is not a type of decision you can make based on answers on a forum. RMA's should be able to look at your case individually and suggest the right path, which is not possible on a public forum. 

Archived