Chef

Shams07

Hi,

my points are 55 and I’m a TRA assessed chef.

ielts:7 each

don’t know how to improve points.currently living in Melbourne.

please suggest me which visa should I apply to get pr.189,190’489 or any other vis

can you plz discuss all the possibilities.

i shall be very thankful to you guys.

thanks

3 hours ago, Shams07 said:

Hi,

please suggest me which visa should I apply to get pr.189,190’489 or any other vis

thanks

Chef is not in the list for 190 so we can't apply for that. Check your points again, you've been assessed by TRA already so that's a big check off your requirements. Did you finish your qualification here in Australia? 

1 hour ago, jdiane said:

Chef is not in the list for 190 so we can't apply for that. Check your points again, you've been assessed by TRA already so that's a big check off your requirements. Did you finish your qualification here in Australia? 

Yes,I have cert 3 and 4 in cookery.

diploma of hospitality as well.

2 year Australian study

2 years part time and one year full time experience .

49 minutes ago, Shams07 said:

Yes,I have cert 3 and 4 in cookery.

diploma of hospitality as well.

2 year Australian study

2 years part time and one year full time experience .

you'd be getting 60 points then I think. I haven't done the assessment yet but am looking at 60 points- same situation as yours. Unfortunately, they are only inviting those with 70 points at this time. If you're going for 489 then you need 80 points (10 points for family here in Australia).

2 hours ago, jdiane said:

you'd be getting 60 points then I think. I haven't done the assessment yet but am looking at 60 points- same situation as yours. Unfortunately, they are only inviting those with 70 points at this time. If you're going for 489 then you need 80 points (10 points for family here in Australia).

Who told you that chefs are not getting invitation at 60 points.any link or refrence please mention.

is I’m going to get point for my job ready assessment and 1 year full time experience as well.

means 5 point for 1 year experience and 5 points for assessment.

Edited by Shams07

21 hours ago, Shams07 said:

Who told you that chefs are not getting invitation at 60 points.any link or refrence please mention.

is I’m going to get point for my job ready assessment and 1 year full time experience as well.

Check home affairs website.. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/skil/invitation-round-7-february-2018

On 3/16/2018 at 17:13, Shams07 said:

What jdiane said was right. 60 is the minimum pass mark that you must get in order to apply for 189. However, at the moment there are a lot of candidates who have 60+ points applying for 189 and DIPB will select from the top to bottom. That means they will select candidates who have the highest total points first (90 >> 80 >> 70 etc.), when they select enough candidates for a round, they will not give more invitation letters.  I do not really know what happens with those candidates who do not get the invitation letter. They maybe either rejected or move to the next round (I'm not sure).  

Chef is still in the list and if you apply under chef, you can choose either 189, 190 or 489

Cook on the other hand is only available for 190, 489

Skills assessment do not grant you any points, the points come from the period of time that you spent while doing the skill assessment (a full skill assessment normally takes 1 year). Therefore you got 1 year experience. From what I understand, you have 2 years experience in total (from 2 years part-time and 1 year full-time doing skill assessment), which give you 5 points.

If you have any oversea qualifications, you maybe able to claim more points from it (the qualification does not have to be a chef qualification, Ex: you can still claim points using business management qualification even though you apply under chef), but that qualification has to be compared with Australian qualifications. 

If you can, I still suggest you talk to migration agent. Everybody's case is different. All of the information above I have searched and collected from multiple sources (which can be unreliable or outdated). 

Edited by Hoang Quyen Le

On ‎2018‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎16‎일 at 11:37, Shams07 said:

Hi,

thanks

@Shams07 would you be able to share more about skilled assessment as chef?

Can I personally send you an email?

I have finished Diploma of Hospitality including Cert IV in commercial cookery last july.

- what do they look for when assessor come in for step 3?

- Is it hard?

- Can I apply as commis chef?

thanks

It may be worth trying English language test again? if you can get 8s then that's 20 points. Of course, only you will know how feasible this is, based on your experience with IELTS 7.

Also at 24 years of age, you are penalised by 5 points. If you wait until you are 25 then you'll get an extra 5 points.

This would bring you up to 70 points. Your skills should be valid for 3 years. Of course, nobody can predict what happens with visa rules and occupations in the future so there will also be a risk involved.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 17:41, Richard Gregan said:

It may be worth trying English language test again? if you can get 8s then that's 20 points. Of course, only you will know how feasible this is, based on your experience with IELTS 7.

Also at 24 years of age, you are penalised by 5 points. If you wait until you are 25 then you'll get an extra 5 points.

This would bring you up to 70 points. Your skills should be valid for 3 years. Of course, nobody can predict what happens with visa rules and occupations in the future so there will also be a risk involved.

Regards,

Richard

Would you be able to advise if working as a FIFO Chef would be accepted for the JRP program? Am about to start for a role with an agency but unsure of how to go around with my JRP.

Hello guys Can someone please tell me how to calculate points for point based visa for cook .
I’ve done cert 3,4 and diploma in hospitality 2 years Australian study.

Straight after certificate 4 i have done TRA which was successful but after completely 2 years study in oct 2016 I didn’t apply TR . I am on bringing visa A with full working rights and working full time as a cook from last 19 months+ part time some cook experience during study.

I don’t know which level i am at this stage please someone guide me .
Thanks in advance guys

14 hours ago, Khanw said:

Hello guys Can someone please tell me how to calculate points for point based visa for cook .
I’ve done cert 3,4 and diploma in hospitality 2 years Australian study.

Straight after certificate 4 i have done TRA which was successful but after completely 2 years study in oct 2016 I didn’t apply TR . I am on bringing visa A with full working rights and working full time as a cook from last 19 months+ part time some cook experience during study.

I don’t know which level i am at this stage please someone guide me .
Thanks in advance guys

What visa did you apply to be on bridging visa? your TRA assessment is it for Cook or Chef? If it's Chef then you can go for 189. Just make sure your accumulate atleast 70 points. Am not sure of your situation as your details are not clear.

What visa did you apply to be on bridging visa? your TRA assessment is it for Cook or Chef? If it's Chef then you can go for 189. Just make sure your accumulate atleast 70 points. Am not sure of your situation as your details are not clear.

Thanks alot for your reply JDIANE
currently i am on 187 bridging visa as a cook .

• 1 month later...