40SP for Partnership Visa - electronic/online?

laf

Cairns really is lovely, we stayed in Trinity Beach in Feb 2017. It was quite quiet but good for trips like Daintree Rainforest and GBR. It is extremely humid there though, I get heat rash quite a lot on holidays but it’s manageable. However in Cairns it was really really bad and unbearable most days, definitely ruined a bit of the experience for myself ☹️

36 minutes ago, laf said:

I don't mind any levels of heat but Sydney is very humid which my hair in particular hates!  Cairns will definitely be on our "to do" list.  Australia isn't exactly a budget holiday destination which makes it an expensive add-on when visiting Sydney.  

I hope my two 888s are sufficient as like you we have a very long marriage!  I didn't feel family ones had as much weight as friends. I agree you should add the other one on later and get your application in especially as you want to do it over the Easter break.

You think Sydney is humid? Cairns will knock Sydney for six, no comparison there!!

5 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

You think Sydney is humid? Cairns will knock Sydney for six, no comparison there!!

Need to avoid the rainy season I suppose.  Humidity is easier to cope with if it's a beach/pool holiday or in a city with air conditioned shops and restaurants. I think Singapore is the most humid place I've visited. Some people manage to stay looking dry regardless.

Is it OK to discuss this in the visa forum?!!  Don't want to be blacklisted.

Cairns really is lovely, we stayed in Trinity Beach in Feb 2017. It was quite quiet but good for trips like Daintree Rainforest and GBR. It is extremely humid there though, I get heat rash quite a lot on holidays but it’s manageable. However in Cairns it was really really bad and unbearable most days, definitely ruined a bit of the experience for myself ☹️

We stayed in trinity beach Jan 2017, it’s a great base to explore things, we adapt to the humidity quite quickly when we are there but I have to say it can sap your energy, heat rash is unpleasant and my other half has experienced that on a few visits, he has to be careful what he sprays on himself as it can really aggravate it ...btw, love the Daintree region it’s beautiful.

I don't mind any levels of heat but Sydney is very humid which my hair in particular hates!  Cairns will definitely be on our "to do" list.  Australia isn't exactly a budget holiday destination which makes it an expensive add-on when visiting Sydney.  
I hope my two 888s are sufficient as like you we have a very long marriage!  I didn't feel family ones had as much weight as friends. I agree you should add the other one on later and get your application in especially as you want to do it over the Easter break.

Need to avoid the rainy season I suppose.  Humidity is easier to cope with if it's a beach/pool holiday or in a city with air conditioned shops and restaurants. I think Singapore is the most humid place I've visited. Some people manage to stay looking dry regardless.
Is it OK to discuss this in the visa forum?!!  Don't want to be blacklisted.

I think air con and a pool is a must in Cairns, there’s lots to consider when living there. Regarding your previous comment about it being an expensive destination, couldn’t agree more, eating out and accommodation takes a large part of your budget, unfortunately we won’t be moving out during the visa validation period (if I get it) so that will be another big expense, we won’t gallivanting like we usually do, it will probably be just for a couple of weeks and just one location.

It will be the same for us. We can't start making permanent plans unless I have residency so we'll have to make a holiday visit, luckily staying at our daughter's.  The site is now saying 10 to 13 months processing time.

10 minutes ago, laf said:

It will be the same for us. We can't start making permanent plans unless I have residency so we'll have to make a holiday visit, luckily staying at our daughter's.  The site is now saying 10 to 13 months processing time.

Mine says the same, but I am optimistic given recent times.  I have completed my medical and uploaded police certificates.  Just waiting for my wife's AFP check in case they ask for it, although she has been outside of AU for 14 years.

Yes let's hope.  Do you know if the medical status changes?  They informed me the results had been passed to BUPA but wonder if I will be given an update.  I haven't carried out the police check yet.  I'm waiting till they ask and if they need a sponsor's check.

Edited by laf

Yes let's hope.  Do you know if the medical status changes?  They informed me the results had been passed to BUPA but wonder if I will be given an update.  I haven't carried out the police check yet.  I'm waiting till they ask and if they need a sponsor's check.

35 minutes ago, laf said:

Under the Assessment page of the application it now says "Health Clearance provided - no action required" and below that a wordy bit saying then case now proceed with assessing my application etc.

I’m not sure they give updates, I think they only notify you if further info is required etc, I read that your status does change but only when there’s a significant development, I hope the waiting times haven’t gone back to longer wait times, people still seem to be reporting quick turn around.

23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Under the Assessment page of the application it now says "Health Clearance provided - no action required" and below that a wordy bit saying then case now proceed with assessing my application etc.

Yes I know we'll be soo disappointed if the processing times revert back to the year long wait. 

I've checked again and good news my health assessment has been updated to "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

I am checking the site daily (obsessive!) in case I miss an email from them amongst all the spam and also because not all status changes are emailed. I have all the appropriate alerts for POI too but don't get emails only banners if I happen to be online.  

Edited by laf

9 minutes ago, laf said:

Yes I know we'll be soo disappointed if the processing times revert back to the year long wait. 

I've checked again and good news my health assessment has been updated to "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

I am checking the site daily (obsessive!) in case I miss an email from them amongst all the spam and also because not all status changes are emailed. I have all the appropriate alerts for POI too but don't get emails only banners if I happen to be online.  

Yes that is the wordy bit i mentioned.  Good stuff.

Champagne is in the fridge.

13 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Hi ‘both’
Things sound like they are moving in the right direction, exciting stuff, enjoy your Easter weekend and I hope you get more news soon emoji4.png

You too Mhaffie and good luck with getting yours sent off this weekend.

Hi Laf, thanks very much. Application all done now thankfully, will try sort Medical out next week, then it’s just a waiting game and obsessively checking emails, I’ll update when I get any news after my medical, hope you have had a nice weekend[emoji5]

16 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Hi Laf, thanks very much. Application all done now thankfully, will try sort Medical out next week, then it’s just a waiting game and obsessively checking emails, I’ll update when I get any news after my medical, hope you have had a nice weekendemoji5.png

Congratulations and good luck. Did you find it as difficult as expected, stressful and very time-consuming? Did system immediately ask you to arrange the medical?

Yes my weekend was good and probably more relaxing than yours!  The three of us waiting now.

Hi Laf, Thank you. I found the sponsors application straightforward, though I’d read somewhere that people had sent in scans of wage slips, it certainly wasn’t on the application we filled in...I found uploading the attachments frustrating, it seems many requests were duplicated under different headings, although the layout seems to have changed from previous screens I’ve seen, I still think it could be simplified further, I added all the evidence to my screen and just my partners ID, proof of address etc to his...we uploaded everything we had, if it’s not exactly in the right place I’m sure they’ll find it or contact me if there’s anything further they require...My application says ‘received’ my partners says ‘submitted’ as yours did I believe, it has asked me to arrange my medical, this appeared on the screen about ten minutes after we had completed, I did notice that the medical referral paperwork had ‘permanent visa’ written it which I was quite surprised about, or is that normal? I can’t get to my medical until next week, so not much will happen for me until that’s taken place, I am relieved it’s all done now tho, it’s just a waiting game.

13 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Hi Laf, Thank you. I found the sponsors application straightforward, though I’d read somewhere that people had sent in scans of wage slips, it certainly wasn’t on the application we filled in...

Some people do do this. Mainly for the financial aspect of the relationship and often if the sponsor is the main earner. Its used to reflect how they support their family prior to lodging and then often people explain they plan to seek work etc and do the same once in Aus. It can also show how money comes into a bank account and then filters out with spending by both parties IYKWIM.