Another thing ticked off the list

ali

When we came to Oz, Hubby always wanted to go out on a boat - didn't want to own one .... just wanted to go out with someone who knew about boats. Anyway, he managed to tick it off his list the other weekend when he ended up being a marshall at the South Perth yatch Club for a race. One of the dads at our soccer club asked him to help out ... he had a great time (and I think has now got the bug!!), although I'm not sure how acurate their marshalling was as they took a few beers on board - although they did reassure me that they were very accurate in recording the number on the boats involved in the race lol

Ali

Guest Curlysoo

Living the dream IS doing the things you always wanted to do isnt it! :yes:

Wonders when he will start looking for "bargain" boats that are looking for a new home?:v_SPIN:

Guest Scamp1976

oooooh boats !... I already spotted a very nice JETBOAT ! yes yes , 'only' 25.000$ AUD ( second hand ofcourse ). That is one of my dreams, own a waterfront with our own jetty and a jetboat :)

I can already see myself fishing from my backyard... awww... *bites fingernails again waiting for ACS results*

Guest kdal

Ali, I bet he was well made up to be asked along !! Achieving what you want to do in life is great

Good luck to himx

and Scamp good luck with your dream too

Guest cantwait

Hi Ali

My OH was a junior champion sailor when he was a teenager. It is his dream to own a boat in Australia. His dad used to get him up at 6am to sail on the freezing cold waters at Kingsbury Water Park in the Midlands and in the sea off Wales. He gave up because the cold was too much. Hopefully he can start again in warmer waters when we finally get there.

Karen

X

Guest Pingpongpom

Hi Ali :smile: ..good on him...great when you achieve something you've always wanted to do!..carry on ticking things off that list..me and OH have often stood in Hillary's harbour and dreamed of owning one of those gorgeous boats..for now OH will have to make do with his little fishing boat!!..

Tess:cute:

Well there was no stewards inquiry so they did ok. with the race lol. He came home like a little boy who'd been taken out for the day as a treat .... he's already said he'll be involved in the next race .... best hide the papers with boats for sale

Ali

Guest JoanneHattersley

I always wanted to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge and go whale watching! Done both. Sure I`ll find a few more ambitions though!

Guest melly

Good on your husband Ali. Australia certainly is the place to get out and try all these things. Enjoy !

Johatts - We didn't climb the bridge as the kids were too young when we visited Sydney -and I didn't want to do it on my own so a return journey has to be on the cards. - I wanted it to be a shared experience. Went Whale Watching off Morton Bay and fed the wild dolphins at Tangalooma -don't think I will ever go to see a dolphin show again after experiencing them in the wild - it was one of the best things we ever did.

Jo - I so know Nigel is going to get into this boating thing, I'll be a sailing a golf widow!

Ali

Guest barab
Good for him Ali...Be careful though because the guys up here are crazy about going out on boats now that Eddie has one..You are so right it is so nice to be able to just get up and go to do the things you always dreamed of....Australia offers you more chance doing that...Crystal clear waters and lazy days in the sun...

Ahhh life is bliss..

x

You've not been to the north west of Scotland then.

The Beaches are spectacular,and well worth a look

oooooh boats !... I already spotted a very nice JETBOAT ! yes yes , 'only' 25.000$ AUD ( second hand ofcourse ). That is one of my dreams, own a waterfront with our own jetty and a jetboat :)

I can already see myself fishing from my backyard... awww... *bites fingernails again waiting for ACS results*

Perth have good waterfront props need about $2 mi plus there is a shortage of moorings hillarys and ocean reef have none

Malx

Johatts - We didn't climb the bridge as the kids were too young when we visited Sydney -and I didn't want to do it on my own so a return journey has to be on the cards. - I wanted it to be a shared experience. Went Whale Watching off Morton Bay and fed the wild dolphins at Tangalooma -don't think I will ever go to see a dolphin show again after experiencing them in the wild - it was one of the best things we ever did.

Jo - I so know Nigel is going to get into this boating thing, I'll be a sailing a golf widow!

Ali

I sympathise, Ali!

My hubby has only just taken up golf (late starter) but he is out on the fairway just now...he used to co-own a boat with a friend when he was younger and he keeps dropping hints like bricks that he would like another if/when we get to Aus.

Mrs Tyke xx

I sympathise, Ali!

My hubby has only just taken up golf (late starter) but he is out on the fairway just now...he used to co-own a boat with a friend when he was younger and he keeps dropping hints like bricks that he would like another if/when we get to Aus.

Mrs Tyke xx

hi

my mate had one still has at Whitby ( aboat) most weekends spent there much to annoyance of oh good nights in george and brill fishing talkin about fish its 11 0 clock fri night cod and chips and mushy peas please can get peas and chips but no cod:cry:

Malx

YorkshirePom

I'm sending you a "virtual" cod to go with your peas and chips!

Whitby is one of my favourite places. My kids always want to go to the Lucky Duck shop like we did when we were little. I think the ducks still only cost the same as they did then, too!

(NB Lucky Ducks are tiny glass ducks made in Whitby, for anyone who's interested)

Mrs Tyke x

YorkshirePom

I'm sending you a "virtual" cod to go with your peas and chips!

Whitby is one of my favourite places. My kids always want to go to the Lucky Duck shop like we did when we were little. I think the ducks still only cost the same as they did then, too!

(NB Lucky Ducks are tiny glass ducks made in Whitby, for anyone who's interested)

Mrs Tyke x

:cry::cry:

be careful Ali ,Nige will be asking Santa for a boat ,lol, you will turn into a weekend widow!!lol, must say we had a boat and jet ski in the Uk ,used to play down Abersoch in wales,,great fun im sure youd enjoy it ,especially if you get some toys to tie on the back for the kids(& big kids,lol)

Cal x

Archived