Old spent criminal record

martinparker05

Hi 

I have an old spent Criminal Record over 10 years old. I stupidly got someone to take a speeding fine for me and lets just say it ended badly. 

I received a 2 year suspended sentence and community service for perverting the course of justice. 

Will this affect me and if so how long for?

Thanks in advance 

For Australian immigration purposes convictions are never 'spent'.

One of our National Treasures, Mr Justice Marcus Einfeld was sentenced to a couple of years as a guest of Her Majesty for attempting to pervert the course of justice. To dodge a $70 speeding fine, he had nominated a deceased person as the speeder. 

If you call up the videos of 'Mr Justice' leaving the court, you will see that on at least two occasions he was not wearing a seat belt. He should have copped another couple of years for that.

Reminds me of LBJ, when he was VP of the USA, being pulled over with the steering wheel in one hand and a can of piss in the other:

Do you know who I am?

Yes, sir, but you are still getting a ticket.

After the lapse of time, and if there is nothing else, you will probably be ok. A character reference or two and a grovelling plea for forgiveness might help.