Migration agents

fran2005red

Hi all, can anyone offer any advice about any registered migration agent that i could contact.

I am a Mental health Nurse in the UK, I qualified in 2011with an Advanced Diploma. I am aware that I need to be qualified at Degree level so hope to have my last module complete around June of this year (which will give me the degree). I am 48 years old so would likely need a sponsorship to get to Oz? My husband is a Driving Instructor which isn't on the list. 

Its a minefield so I would prefer to contact an agent for guidance/advice.

Thanks in advance

Any of the agents who post regularly on the site are good.

The issue you are going to have is age. The cut off for permanent visas is 45. So, you would be looking at a temporary work visa and at the end of which you will have to return to the UK. The current visa is a 457 but this is about to be replaced in March. If you decide to go down a sponsored temporary visa you should be aware of the issues it poses.

First and it may be obvious, but people seem to forget in the excitement, it is temporary.

If you have children then there are a number of issues including that some states charge for education and they would be regarded as international students for university - so big fees and no government help

There are no social security benefits available

The visa is tied to the employer, so lose your job for any reason and you have 60 days to find another sponsor or leave the country. This never used to be such a big one for nurses, but several states have made redundancies recently in health.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fran2005red said:

Thanks for your reply, its very helpful. So at end of the temp visa could we apply for a different one or does it not work that way. Does that mean there is no chance of permanent residency following that? Also how would i know which of the people on here are agents.

Pretty much no chance of PR after your temporary visa only maybe one more temporary visa then you’re back home - you’re too old and remember that the experience you will need is that after your degree is granted. 

Agents usually have it in their signature block after their posts. 

14 hours ago, fran2005red said:

Thanks for your reply, its very helpful. So at end of the temp visa could we apply for a different one or does it not work that way. Does that mean there is no chance of permanent residency following that? Also how would i know which of the people on here are agents.

You may be able to renew a temp visa, but that would be subject to passing the regulations as they are at that time and the sponsor agreeing to!

You no longer have a pathway to pr since they introduced the 45 age limit.

Although ANMAC now require all applicants to have a degree, they will still count work experience post-diploma - as long as it led to registration.

e.g. your did a nursing diploma and got registered in 2008, and have worked as a nurse since then to present. You undertook further training last year and upgraded to a degree. ANMAC would still count your work experience from 2008 to present.

The tricky part is at immigration stage - immi tend only to count experience post-degree for degree level occupations. Even if ANMAC says your original diploma was 'equivalent to a bachelor degree', it is purely advisory, so immi might not accept it, meaning you run the risk of getting no work experience points, regardless of what ANMAC say.

Regards,

Richard

51 minutes ago, Richard Gregan said:

Although ANMAC now require all applicants to have a degree, they will still count work experience post-diploma - as long as it led to registration.

e.g. your did a nursing diploma and got registered in 2008, and have worked as a nurse since then to present. You undertook further training last year and upgraded to a degree. ANMAC would still count your work experience from 2008 to present.

The tricky part is at immigration stage - immi tend only to count experience post-degree for degree level occupations. Even if ANMAC says your original diploma was 'equivalent to a bachelor degree', it is purely advisory, so immi might not accept it, meaning you run the risk of getting no work experience points, regardless of what ANMAC say.

Regards,

Richard

But the points issue is academic as she is too old to apply for a PR visa