Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

On 22/03/2019 at 17:06, Avneet said:

Hi Pradip, 

Thanks alot for your help, its a great information you provided. I am also applying offshore. 

If possible if you could spare some time and elaborate about documnets that can be provided for

1. Birth or age evidence? Passport? Or 10th certificate? Or you think anything else would be required? 

2. Character evidence?? Character certificate from academic or employment institutions of my wife??

3. Member of family unit? 

Thanks again for your help bro. 

And I hope you get your wife’s visa soon. Keep in touch.

Thanks heaps.

Avneet Singh

Hi avneet,

You can provide

1. birth certificate, passport, citizenship, schoolleaving cetrificate etc where  date of birth is mentioned, provide whatever you have or provide all at least one should be uploaded

2. in Character evidence provide police clearance certificate and form 80 

3. in family unit, provide relationship certificate with your wife and your family, and photos in a social events with your family, provide the evidence that she is a part of your family, it could be anything 

Thanks,

Pradip

Edited by Pradip jung

Good to see this thread jump.

I applied my wife's subsequent visa on Jan 17. (Offshore)

CO contact : Feb 14.

Asked for more evidence of relationship, medicals, PCC, Functional english. (Unfortunately i didnt submit all those first 😞 )

Submitted all those documents : Feb 28

waiting for CO reply / Grant :-s

Immi account says 7-8 months processing time. 

so i need little guidance for applying tourist visa for her, is it tourist visa 600 with my invitation and support letter ?? as 489 is not PR I cannot sponsor them for family sponsored tourist visa is it ?? is there any format you can help me with. 

Even i need help regarding this in case any delay  :-s

On 22/03/2019 at 03:24, Avneet said:

Hi Pradip,

I saw you recently applied for 489 subsequent for you Wofe, I am planning to do the same , can you please help with your guidance about paperwork required? 

Most important and crucial documents??

any tips?? For SOR??

thanks

Hi Avneet. Please submit all the documents at once.

Evidence of relationship - Marriage certificate

affidavit stating that you both are married from your parents and her parents

Joint bills

Joint bank statement

Any travel tickets which has you and your wife's name ( Flight or trains or Hotel bookings)

Call records in pdf format (You can get from service provider if you pay around $60)

Some whatsapp or any chat screenshots.

Facebook status 

Photos of your marriage with relatives or family members included.

These are some documents you can submit. Ideally Marriage certificate should be enough but still they ask more documents.

SO, whatever you have submit everything.

make sure you attach PCC, Medicals before co contact. There is good chance to get direct grant soon.

5 hours ago, santo antony said:

Hi All,

Has anyone applied for  489 subsequent entrant visa on october 2018?   I have applied on oct 18 2018 and yet no response from them. In the site it shows as Received Status. Has anyone recently got 489 susequent entrant visa. 

Hi santo,

i applied for my wife's susbequent family entrant visa on 8th march,

CO replied with health assessment required on 22nd march,

assessment completed on 24th march 2019, Department replies with 

"Health requirement – examinations ready for assessment The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment"

i have no idea how things will work after this, lets see

Thanks,

Pradip

On 25/03/2019 at 22:16, indrasena said:

Good to see this thread jump.

I applied my wife's subsequent visa on Jan 17. (Offshore)

CO contact : Feb 14.

Asked for more evidence of relationship, medicals, PCC, Functional english. (Unfortunately i didnt submit all those first 😞 )

Submitted all those documents : Feb 28

waiting for CO reply / Grant :-s

Immi account says 7-8 months processing time. 

Even i need help regarding this in case any delay  :-s

Hi Avneet. Please submit all the documents at once.

Evidence of relationship - Marriage certificate

affidavit stating that you both are married from your parents and her parents

Joint bills

Joint bank statement

Any travel tickets which has you and your wife's name ( Flight or trains or Hotel bookings)

Call records in pdf format (You can get from service provider if you pay around $60)

Some whatsapp or any chat screenshots.

Facebook status 

Photos of your marriage with relatives or family members included.

These are some documents you can submit. Ideally Marriage certificate should be enough but still they ask more documents.

SO, whatever you have submit everything.

make sure you attach PCC, Medicals before co contact. There is good chance to get direct grant soon.

Hi Indrasena and Avneet,

as we all are in a same boat, just wanted to share my status till date.

i applied for my wife's susbequent family entrant visa (offshore) on 8th march,

"Health requirement – examinations ready for assessment The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment"

i have no idea how things will work after this, may be further medicals, lets see

Thanks,

Pradip

11 hours ago, Pradip jung said:

Hi santo,

i applied for my wife's susbequent family entrant visa on 8th march,

i have no idea how things will work after this, lets see

Thanks,

Pradip

it might take 1 week for the medicals to get  cleared and then in the site for health page in immi it would show "No action Required" it means the medical is cleared. For my wife she has done the medicals and pcc upfront before applying the visa. Waiting for the visa for close to 6 months now. In the site it is showing the estimated processing time is 7-8 months.

1 hour ago, santo antony said:

it might take 1 week for the medicals to get  cleared and then in the site for health page in immi it would show "No action Required" it means the medical is cleared. For my wife she has done the medicals and pcc upfront before applying the visa. Waiting for the visa for close to 6 months now. In the site it is showing the estimated processing time is 7-8 months.

Hi santo,

It is cleared now, now it seems like a long wait is it ?? so santo you have applied 6 months ago and case officer hasn't shown yet ?  may be he/she is investigating already will be a direct visa for you i wish you all the best for you. seeing a long wait i think i should apply for a wife's tourist visa. 

thanks,

Pradip

19 hours ago, santo antony said:

Hi All,

Has anyone applied for  489 subsequent entrant visa on october 2018?   I have applied on oct 18 2018 and yet no response from them. In the site it shows as Received Status. Has anyone recently got 489 susequent entrant visa. 

Hi 

I have applied for 489 subsequent entrant visa on 7 October 2018( offshore). Co contacted us on 16 oct requesting us for more documents, which we submitted by 26 october and after that there is no response.  Still waiting its nearly 6 months now

44 minutes ago, Radhika said:

Hi 

I have applied for 489 subsequent entrant visa on 7 October 2018( offshore). Co contacted us on 16 oct requesting us for more documents, which we submitted by 26 october and after that there is no response.  Still waiting its nearly 6 months now

yaa same case here but i have uploaded all the documents upfront. no response so far. hopefully in 2 months visa would be granted.

1 hour ago, Pradip jung said:

Hi santo,

It is cleared now, now it seems like a long wait is it ?? so santo you have applied 6 months ago and case officer hasn't shown yet ?  may be he/she is investigating already will be a direct visa for you i wish you all the best for you. seeing a long wait i think i should apply for a wife's tourist visa. 

thanks,

Pradip

yaa in the site the estimated processing time is shown as 7-8 months

1 hour ago, indrasena said:

Please share grant date here if you get, specially who applied in October as you may get grant soon(Hopefully).

Is there any other way to bring my wife here while 489 subsequent is under processing?

Yup Indrasena, you can always apply for your wife's visitor visa, but make sure tourist visa is decided first than only 489 visa as latest visa will be valid always, i am planning to do that soon (however it is always 50 percent chances for tourist visa, so make sure your spouse is mentally prepared for that), but it is worth risk taking the visa fee is 140 AUD and processing time is 19 business days. if visa is not granted you have to go back to your immi account and edit the part which says previously visa refused.

I think the best way to do was apply for tourist visa first and then apply onshore, but we are too late for that.

Thanks,

Pradip

On 26/03/2019 at 11:46, santo antony said:

Hi All,

Which state?

14 hours ago, santo antony said:

yaa same case here but i have uploaded all the documents upfront. no response so far. hopefully in 2 months visa would be granted.

Please share whenever you get your visa granted.

Edited by Radhika

10 hours ago, Pradip jung said:

Yup Indrasena, you can always apply for your wife's visitor visa, but make sure tourist visa is decided first than only 489 visa as latest visa will be valid always, i am planning to do that soon (however it is always 50 percent chances for tourist visa, so make sure your spouse is mentally prepared for that), but it is worth risk taking the visa fee is 140 AUD and processing time is 19 business days. if visa is not granted you have to go back to your immi account and edit the part which says previously visa refused.

I think the best way to do was apply for tourist visa first and then apply onshore, but we are too late for that.

Thanks,

Pradip

you can but it is risk and even though you have applied for tourist visa and the tourist visa cam before 489 subsequent entrant visa and if she is in australia, the 489 visa would not be granted because she has to be in india for the 489 visa to be granted. I did confirm this by calling the immigration.

10 hours ago, santo antony said:

you can but it is risk and even though you have applied for tourist visa and the tourist visa cam before 489 subsequent entrant visa and if she is in australia, the 489 visa would not be granted because she has to be in india for the 489 visa to be granted. I did confirm this by calling the immigration.

Hi Santo, I too had a same thinking untill i had a chat with a guy from immigration helpline, he read the following " You can be in or outside Australia when we decide your visa application  We will let you know our decision in writing " which is from the immi website's step by step thing, little confusing 

should be in or out.jpg

55 minutes ago, Pradip jung said:

Hi Santo, I too had a same thinking untill i had a chat with a guy from immigration helpline, he read the following " You can be in or outside Australia when we decide your visa application  We will let you know our decision in writing " which is from the immi website's step by step thing, little confusing 

should be in or out.jpg

I think that is talking about the main applicant who is already having 489 visa and he can be either in aus or anywhere when they grant visa. its confusing.