Citizenship application

MAKhan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I applied for citizenship on 20 Sep, 17. I am over 60 years of age and on visa 143. My wife is citizen of Australia. We had a mind to go to Europe togeather and I would like to travel on Australian passport. Can some one inform me that how much time I have to wait to get my citizenship and passport.
Regards

It depends on your local council and how often they hold ceremonies and how many are waiting.    I believe there are threads elsewhere on here where people have posted how long they were waiting.  We are in Queensland and over 60 so no test and got our citizenship approved after about 3 weeks, but then had to wait nearly 3 months for a ceremony.  We then applied for an Australian passport immediately and it took about 3 weeks to arrive.

On 11/30/2017 at 17:11, MAKhan said:

I believe that for citizenship for visa 143 you are exempted from appearing English test, if you are over 60 years of age. I think than it’s time should also be reduced, comparing with other visa timing.

There's no English test for citizenship at the moment.  The time varies but at the moment it seems to be anywhere from 9-15 months.  You can follow this thread to keep tabs on other applicants: 

• 3 weeks later...

I have applied for citizenship. I shifted my residence, now I want to inform the immigration office about my change of address. I went to Parramatta immigration office to inform them but they gave me a chit to talk on that number. I rang them up. The call was put on hold for more than two hrs and I could not talk.
Please tell me, how should I inform about my change of address.