Torn on Tassie

escape2oz

50 minutes ago, libbye said:

Ballarat is not a bad place and the surrounding countryside if beautiful.  There used to be a lavender farm but am not sure if it's still going.  Well

worth a visit if it is.  They do have a problem with drugs as do other large towns but if you want to investigate further perhaps google and find

out for yourselves.  Not a deal breaker but something you should be aware of if you have children.  It's life today so I guess it's a question of being

vigilant wherever you are.  It has changed a little since we were there and new houses in abundance.  If you want to live further out there are some

gorgeous properties at a price.  I can only speak for myself and what I felt about the place and it's people.  What you see and your needs would be

completely different to mine so I feel somewhat reticent to air my views here.  They are personal and only based on what I experienced.  I wouldn't

want to deter anyone from doing something they feel is right for them but a holiday experience and actually living there is totally different.  Go with

your gut feeling . You will know..:D

Well, I don't know and I've visited a few times.   I'd love it if you could send me a private message with your honest opinions!

I do understand where you're at and will write you a pm but not this minute as I have to go to the market.  Just bear in mind I'm an old person

and so my perspective will be totally different to yours.  However, I'm happy to share my feelings and observations with you  Speak later.

1 hour ago, libbye said:

I do understand where you're at and will write you a pm but not this minute as I have to go to the market.  Just bear in mind I'm an old person

and so my perspective will be totally different to yours.  However, I'm happy to share my feelings and observations with you  Speak later.

We're not exactly spring chickens either, I'm 65 this year!

No rush, when you get time. We're quite comfortable in Melbourne but wondering how we'll ever buy a place. Bad luck that we sold up when we left Australia a few years ago, hard to get back into the market, so considering alternatives