For those that sat the PTE test

digitalis

Right so after being told yesterday that my place of work is being sold in 3 months time,  I have decided to finally take the first steps to hopefully acquiring my long procrastinated visa. No kids or financial ties in the UK. I know I need to register with ANZPAC to work there.

I'm a qualified and registered Podiatrist here, and thankfully dont require a skills assessment as I graduated recently. This is a bit of a double-edged sword however as I am on the lower end of the points scale due to work experience (or lack of). If I choose a state nominated route and with a superior English assessment I get 65 points. For this reason, I have decided to take the PTE route as opposed to IELTS (as the general consensus seems to be it's "more straightforward) even though it means much more travelling.

I can do without missing out on 5 essential points and having to re-sit. 

For those that have taken it, any particular areas which you think require more focus on revising than others?

Many thanks in advance! 

Edited by digitalis

Hi

I also done my PTE and needed superior English for my points total (190 Visa). I can’t really say on any specific areas for revising as it depends where your strengths and weaknesses lie, I can however say to try and cover all areas the best you can (you tube helped me). I have got to say on my 1st test, (which I failed by 1 point) I hadn’t realised how quick and intense the exam would be, it took me a good half hour to settle into a rhythm. By the time i took my 2nd test I knew what to expect and passed.
I would say, be clear, concise & try not to panic. I’m a Electrician, I revised and revised again, I watched you tube, done mock tests and I believe it all helped.
It’s quite intense to start but you do (or I did) settle.....enjoy it!
I’m now waiting for a visa grant so it’s all worth while.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi, I revised at work on and off. I think I done an hour or so a day for 2/3 weeks before. It was basically just trying to brush up on my English skills, grammar, punctuation etc, practising re arrange paragraphs, describe image and practised some essay writing!
Honestly though, it’s more about hitting the ground running when the test starts.

• Like 1

Make sure the microphone is working! ! Mine had an intermittent fault. .total waste of time and money. ..Ilets in my opinion was much more professionally run...no contest.  However plenty of people do use pte with no problems. .just be aware. ..and speak loudly as you are likely to have two people either side of you in very close proximity so can be hard to hear! Good luck...I don't mean to be negative towards pte. .this was just my experience!

• Like 1