First time mortgage/buyer

Aussiebird

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2017 at 22:33, Sandgroper said:

Unless its changed you need to be able to prove you have a deposit (3 months bank statements) and the means to pay it (secure jobs) pretty easy really.

Hi, we would have money from the sale of our UK home which could enable us to be mortgage free in Australia if we found a cheap enough property but would we still need to provide 3 months of statements anyway, I've never bought a house in Oz so totally new to me. Many thanks.

32 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi, we would have money from the sale of our UK home which could enable us to be mortgage free in Australia if we found a cheap enough property but would we still need to provide 3 months of statements anyway, I've never bought a house in Oz so totally new to me. Many thanks.

I wouldn't think so, simply being able to prove you can pay for the property outright should be enough.

2 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

You may still need to show the statements to prove the money is yours, not sure to be honest. Plenty of mortgage/financial advisers out here who would be able to give correct info.

As I recall they simply took our word that we had funds.  They did not ask for any bank statements etc.  When you contract to buy you self certify that you have the funds to pay.  Presumably if it transpired that you were lying you would simply forfeit your very substantial deposit.

Archived