189 Visa Help with Skills Assessment

Pefry90

Hi, I wonder to apply for visa 189 for South Australia. Actually I know to start it I need to first pass a skills assessment with the right authority. Here I need you help, tell me please if the occupation (my is Gardener in General) I worked for about 5 years is on payslips (P45 & P60 also) from employers mainly by agencies is that match criteria of pass the skills assessment? For example during the period of 8 years of working for many different agencies I have combined experience in that sector but there are also different occupations on payslips with same employer (agency) as well. Is that acceptable for Australian authority whilst checking the history of employment when I attached this payslips? It is something completely new for me and there is a payment for skills assessment on a start for around 1,000AUD. I would like to know is that refundable after if I do not pass the assessment?  

The last question is about language and how it looks like if I have a British Passport, do I have to pass IELTS to get 189 visa?

Thank you a lot

Maybe speaking with a migration agent who can review your documents would be a good idea.  If you need work experience for your skills assessment or to claim experience points, generally you need to provide evidence that it was paid, full-time employment and that may require letters from employers/clients detailing the work you performed and the relevant dates.  You'd need to back up the paid part through pay slips, tax slips, bank statements, etc., whatever is  needed to show what you were paid for the work performed.

The skills assessment fee is for them to complete the skills assessment.  If your skills assessment is unsuccessful, they still charge the fee because they still did the work so no, it's not refundable.

If you have a British passport, you will automatically meet the basic English requirement for a visa but you'd need to sit one of the English tests if you want to claim language points.

I would think the fastest route is submit skills assessment and then while waiting for that to be assessed, take the English test. My advice would be to do lots of practice tests as it’s harder than most people think, and it helps to be familiar with the format and the common errors

On 13/12/2017 at 07:55, Pefry90 said:

Hi, I wonder to apply for visa 189 for South Australia. Actually I know to start it I need to first pass a skills assessment with the right authority. Here I need you help, tell me please if the occupation (my is Gardener in General) I worked for about 5 years is on payslips (P45 & P60 also) from employers mainly by agencies is that match criteria of pass the skills assessment? For example during the period of 8 years of working for many different agencies I have combined experience in that sector but there are also different occupations on payslips with same employer (agency) as well. Is that acceptable for Australian authority whilst checking the history of employment when I attached this payslips? It is something completely new for me and there is a payment for skills assessment on a start for around 1,000AUD. I would like to know is that refundable after if I do not pass the assessment?  

The last question is about language and how it looks like if I have a British Passport, do I have to pass IELTS to get 189 visa?

Thank you a lot

You should really consider obtaining some professional assistance.

A few points to consider:

• Gardener (General) is on the short term list, so you can not apply for a subclass 189;
  • If you are being sponsored by South Australia, you are looking at a subclass 190;
  • South Australia are currently not sponsoring Gardeners from offshore for subclass 190 visa, they will only consider subclass 489;
  • The occupation of Gardener (General) is assessed by TRA, which can be one of the moist difficult assessing Authorities;
  • TRA does not offer refunds for unsuccessful applications (nor does anyone else).