School Hours - Victoria

Guest TraceyB68

Guest TraceyB68

Hia does anyone have any idea of a typical day at school as regards to start and finish times, we are looking at Victoria.

Just another one of those daft questions that comes up when chatting about stuff.

Thanks

Tracey x:biglaugh:

Guest TraceyB68

Oh yes I remember now as you sent the lovely photo's of the beaches, I'm still new to all of this but I'm sure I'll get to remember people as I get even more addicted to this site.

Tracey x

Guest jimrie

i to was wondering about the school hours I have a 10 year old daughter also what do they do at lunch in oz is it just packed lunch or do they do hot meals? We are going (hopefully) to Belmont Brisbane in the new year!

Hi, we found out the school hours for Melbourne/Victoria are actually similar to uk, I read that they start at around 8.40am and finish around 3 to 3.30pm. Not sure about senior school though.

Kids mainly seem to bring packed lunch but I think they do have a place where they can buy food, not sure that its hot food though.

Guest itskaren
Hia does anyone have any idea of a typical day at school as regards to start and finish times, we are looking at Victoria.

Just another one of those daft questions that comes up when chatting about stuff.

Thanks

Tracey x:biglaugh:

I have 2 boys in Primary. Starting at 08.40 and finishes at 3.15pm.

Most kids take a packed lunch as the school dinners are awful! 'cook and chill' I understand. My kids go to Billanook College in Mooroolbark.

I have 2 boys in Primary. Starting at 08.40 and finishes at 3.15pm.

Most kids take a packed lunch as the school dinners are awful! 'cook and chill' I understand. My kids go to Billanook College in Mooroolbark.

Our son starts school at 9.00 and finishes at 3.15. We are in Victoria.

He sometimes takes a packed lunch other times he will have a lunch order from the canteen. The food from the canteen is all cooked from scratch and home made. The kids love it. I have even helped out a few times.

Deb xx

• 2 months later...

Independent secondary schools tend to have longer hours.

Students are expected to arrive between 8 and 8:10.

Day starts 8:15

Classes finish 3-3:30

Once a week there is sports training after school, which normally concludes around 5:30.

Any extra-curricular activities (choir, orchestra, band, extra sports) will finish at 5-ish any given day.

Students are required to compete for the school on Saturday mornings every week for the first half of the year.

Government secondary schools insist on far less commitment - the average day in 9-3:30.

Archived