187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

I hope you are right!!

Ā 

We applied decision ready Perth through agent in Dec. Heavy duty mechanic.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

i thought for decision ready the medical had to be submitted at time of lodgement.

Ā 

We applied decision ready 187 RSMS Perth in October for business analyst role.

i thought for decision ready the medical had to be submitted at time of lodgement.

Ā 

We applied decision ready 187 RSMS Perth in October for business analyst role.

Ā 

No we needed our TRN & Hap number first. We applied through agent and then immi requested medicals. We completed these and they were uploaded electronically.

Not alot of info about. I saw a couple granted in 2 months I hope this is me!!!

Hi landrover we have just applied DR so I hope we have your luck it's gone through really fast for you up to now, may I ask where your from as a friend of mine knows someone who is emigrating that works at strata tone landrover in burnley Lancashire thought there may be some connection ?

Ā 

If not good luck with your time line and the move over we are also going to Perth I'm a diesel fitter / boilermaker with a job waiting since April last year so I need to get a bloody move on :biggrin: all the best Pete & Martine

Edited by peter bull

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Ā 

Here is my timeline... FYI I'm living in Adelaide and I think my application is being processed at the Paramatta office ... or Melbourne.

Ā 

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa application lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

Ā 

My migration agent has provided me with the TRN numbers and passwords for the eVisa site so I can monitor the status of my application. For the nomination, a number of relevant documents and the RCB advice was uploaded and attached. When I logged in to view the nomination, I could see all of the attachments. However, back in mid-December all of the attachments disappeared. I couldn't think of any reason why they would just disappear. I had my employer contact DIAC and they were informed that if the documents were attached, then there is no need to worry... So I could only assume perhaps they have an internal file and the attachments are there? Very strange, but I felt a bit relieved to see Dadi Zhao's post below that his/her documents are also missing ... so I feel a bit better that it's not just mine!

Ā 

I am curious ... has this happened to anyone else? When you log into the eVisa site, are your documents/attachments missing??

Ā 

BTW - the status of my nomination and visa application is still just 'Application received"

Ā 

It is nice to see that a couple of 187 visa's have been approved so far, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But just so frustrating when you have to be patient for so long and not hear anything!

Ā 

I was just having a look at the Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times website here:

Ā 

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Ā 

And according to this site, RSMS visas are under Priority Group 1 and the processing time for SkillSelect (subclass 187) is 6 months. So my application was lodged on 11 September meaning my visa might be approved in just over 1 month from now! So that is exciting ... fingers crossed :)

Ā 

I'm interested to hear everyone else's story / updates!

Ā 

Cheers guys and I will keep my fingers crossed for each and every one of you that your visas get processed quickly!

Ā 

-Brad

Ā 

Hi Guys, Here is my timeline in Tasmania

Ā 

3th Sep, submitted RCB

20th Sep, approved by RCB

21th Sep, nomination submitted,

Ā 

Visa application not logged yet, I'm gonna logged once the nomination is approved.

Ā 

However since last month, all attached documents on the nomination page are gone, the nomination is still there and the status is still 'Application Reveived'.

Anyone know whats going on? Is it supposed to be like this or the system failed again.

Hi Sonic,

Ā 

Good to hear someone else is in the same Timeframe as myself!

Ā 

My application and certified nomination was lodged (Decision Ready) on the 25th of September 2012 through the Parramatta Office.

In October I received the ACK Letters.

My application has been lodged offshore.

Ā 

My Migration Agent canā€™t provide me with any timeframe and she simply does not know, it seems like a lucky pick really.

Ā 

I do know that DIAC Parramatta are allocating Case Officers for applications lodged July/August 2012 which means we should hear something in the coming weeks!

Ā 

You might receive good news before myself as you are on Aussie soil.

Ā 

Best of luck and let me know how you goā€¦.

Cheers Sullyosullivan!

Ā 

I'm also in the same boat with my Migration Agent - I never hear from them... I am sure they are swamped with dozens of other cases and individuals just like myself though, and I reckon if they had news for me they would be in contact. It's just so hard to sit here and be patient though!

Ā 

I decided to call DIAC today to perhaps try and find out when a CO might be assigned to my application. The person I spoke to wasn't too helpful ... She didn't get any of my details to pull up my file. She simply told me that for the Melbourne processing centre they are now processing applications from MARCH! Uhhhhhhhhg. So not the greatest news, considering my nomination and visa were lodged together in September. I told her the website states a processing time of 6 months for a Skillselect 187 visa and she said that taking into consideration the backlog of applications they received prior to July 1, I'm actually looking at an 8 month time frame. So who knows! But then again we've seen a couple of people on the forums have their 187's granted ... so I think it is just a lucky dip??

Ā 

Looking forward to hearing some updates from everyone else!

Hello All,

Ā 

Just thought I would post a new thread to follow those who have had their RSMS 187 visas granted. As a new subclass from the previous 119/857 RSMS visas, I'm interested to know how many 187's have been granted thus far since this subclass was introduced on 1 July 2012 so those of us waiting on their 187 applications have an idea of how far along they are with the processing... Let's keep this thread to the 187 visa only please and post your timelines and processing center (if known)!

Ā 

Cheers :)

Ā 

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa application lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

Ā 

Processing center: Melbourne

Still playing this long and tedious waiting game........ Status is still "Application received" and attachments that were uploaded to the nomination have still been missing since mid-December...

There is already a timeline for just the 187 visa. Have a search and you should find it.

Ā 

I have seen it blossom79....... but there hasn't been much activity on it lately. I started this one specifically for those who have had their 187 visas granted, not just for timelines. I'd just like to get an idea of how many have been granted to hopefully gauge how long it will take...

I have seen it blossom79....... but there hasn't been much activity on it lately. I started this one specifically for those who have had their 187 visas granted, not just for timelines. I'd just like to get an idea of how many have been granted to hopefully gauge how long it will take...

Ā 

Well that is what a timeline does ... people post when they lodge and when the visa is granted..

Ā 

I will merge, then everything is in one place.

Well that is what a timeline does ... people post when they lodge and when the visa is granted..

Ā 

I will merge, then everything is in one place.

Ā 

That's cool....... cause I don't mind flicking through 427 pages of a thread to find out specifically how many 187 visas have been granted... :no:

Do you realise that more postings than not on this thread are related to the 119/857 subclass visas for the RSMS? I created a thread specifically related to the new subclass 187 (post July 1) only because that is the information I'm looking for... I think that justifies a new thread?

That's cool....... cause I don't mind flicking through 427 pages of a thread to find out specifically how many 187 visas have been granted... :no:

Do you realise that more postings than not on this thread are related to the 119/857 subclass visas for the RSMS? I created a thread specifically related to the new subclass 187 (post July 1) only because that is the information I'm looking for... I think that justifies a new thread?

Ā 

Just a slip of the hand. Timeline threads do get long by their nature, if they don't then they are not much of a timeline thread, you would just look at the last few pages I guess. Anyway this one is a bit more manageable.

Ā 

:biggrin:

Ā 

I suspect that the lack of info is most likely due to the lack of post 1st July visas being granted.

I haven't come across many and certainly not from Melbourne office!

Ā 

My application went in the same day as yours to the same office and were still in the UK, arent you already in Oz? so at least you're already living the dream!

Ā 

I'm currently in limbo doing odd days of work, my husband is working in a call centre for slighty more than minimum wage and the kids don't believe that were going anymore.

but at the the back of our minds is this impending feeling of complete chaos as once the visa is granted we'll have to pack up 4 kids, 2 adults, rehome the dog and cat, ship stuff, clear out the house in order to rent the house out, book flights (none of the kids have been on an areoplane before), get to heathrowsit on a plane for 2 days and start new live in oz.........

Ā 

who's idea was this again?..... cant wait for a new adventure:wink:

I suspect that the lack of info is most likely due to the lack of post 1st July visas being granted.

I haven't come across many and certainly not from Melbourne office!

Ā 

My application went in the same day as yours to the same office and were still in the UK, arent you already in Oz? so at least you're already living the dream!

Ā 

I'm currently in limbo doing odd days of work, my husband is working in a call centre for slighty more than minimum wage and the kids don't believe that were going anymore.

but at the the back of our minds is this impending feeling of complete chaos as once the visa is granted we'll have to pack up 4 kids, 2 adults, rehome the dog and cat, ship stuff, clear out the house in order to rent the house out, book flights (none of the kids have been on an areoplane before), get to heathrowsit on a plane for 2 days and start new live in oz.........

Ā 

who's idea was this again?..... cant wait for a new adventure:wink:

Ā 

This sounds o so familiar

Ā 

Ive got it all to come myself (hopefully) but hay thats all part of the adventure :biggrin:

My timeline

Application lodged to RCB ADELAIDE = 28 oct.2012

RCB Approved8 = 8 Jan 2013

DRC nomination n 187 lodged to DIAC = 11 feb 2012

money gone from credit card = 12 feb 2012

NOW WAITING FOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT LETTER.

Ā 

Ā 

Sands87 - thanks for sharing ... and a fellow Adelanian! lol

Ā 

What is your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

Hi i got approved the visa today

Ā 

rsms 187

drc

onshore

rcb approval 8/8/12

nomination applied 20/8/12

visa applied 21/8/12

nomination ack 26/9/12

visa ack 15/10/12

nomination approved and co allocated on 11/2/13

and requested form 80

Ā 

visa approved on 13/2/13

Ā 

through ma

Ā 

parramatta office

Ā 

high risk

Ā 

Ā 

Thank for all the help and sharing the time line.

Edited by baaloo

Hi i got approved the visa today

Ā 

rsms 187

drc

onshore

rcb approval 8/8/12

nomination applied 20/8/12

visa applied 21/8/12

nomination ack 26/9/12

visa ack 15/10/12

nomination approved and co allocated on 11/2/13

and requested form 80

Ā 

visa approved on 13/2/13

Ā 

through ma

Ā 

parramatta office

Ā 

high risk

Ā 

Ā 

Thank for all the help and sharing the time line.

Ā 

Ā 

Great news baaloo! Congratulations!! May I ask what state/territory and what your occupation is? Cheers