187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

I am new here. Need suggestion regarding 187 Visa application.

we have applied for 187 nomination (south Australia) on 18.2.2016. Still waiting for nomination result.

& Didn't lodge the visa application yet. Thought once we get the nomination result, then we'll apply for visa.

We've waiting for around 6 months, still no result of nomination application.

Does DIBP process nomination application without lodging the main visa application?

Do you think we need to apply for the visa application now?

Our current visa is also expiring in next 2 months.

Please please suggest. Thank you.

You don't need to apply yet if you want to wait to make sure the nomination is successful. However you may want to apply before your current visa expires so that you can remain in Australia on a bridging visa. It's possible you'll hear an outcome of the nomination within the next 2 months, but given the current processing times it may take longer.

hi guys

my visa application was allocated on 3/8/15 at WAPese team 7

They just asked form 80 for me and wife , Australian federal police certificate for myself only ,I have been already applied AFP certificate on last Friday ,hopefully will get till Tuesday

my question is if I'll attached all requested documents on Wednesday then how long will take more by case officer to grant PR

we r just waiting for AFP to attach the all requested documents

thnx

Hello namish

they ask to me s56 information requested AFP MY SELF AND MY WIFE . what is difference between s56 and form 80 . they didnt ask me.... have been already applied AFP certificate on last Friday for my and my self soi got this morning e mail from afp its has been completed send it provided address

Edited by kkumar

Hello namish

they ask to me s56 information requested AFP MY SELF AND MY WIFE . what is difference between s56 and form 80 . they didnt ask me.... have been already applied AFP certificate on last Friday for my and my self soi got this morning e mail from afp its has been completed send it provided address

Hi kkumar,

dont worry about s56 it's subject used by immi when they requested documents ,

u see checklist of documents they requested.

form 80 particular character assessment

and Bro I also applied my AFP on Friday around 8:30pm Sydney time but still I have not got any email from AFP

couid u pls tell what time did u apply ur AFP on last Friday

thanx

Hi kkumar,

dont worry about s56 it's subject used by immi when they requested documents ,

u see checklist of documents they requested.

form 80 particular character assessment

and Bro I also applied my AFP on Friday around 8:30pm Sydney time but still I have not got any email from AFP

couid u pls tell what time did u apply ur AFP on last Friday

thanx

friday 4 a clock

How can there possibly be so many November cases. Something is wrong as ours have not even been allocated and they simply cannot give any answer. I would understand if it is in progress that some checks could take time. BUT Almost 8 months and not even being allocates is just not on.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

How can there possibly be so many November cases. Something is wrong as ours have not even been allocated and they simply cannot give any answer. I would understand if it is in progress that some checks could take time. BUT Almost 8 months and not even being allocates is just not on.

I just don't know what the hell they are doing?? Are they doing something or just sitting on the chair? Why can't they hire more staff to minimise the delay? We are not asking anything for free we have paid $ for our files. Heartless people playing with our emotions and waisting our time. Why they can't finish files with in time frame. It is just ridiculous.

The worst thing is that they keep throwing the "only 75%" will be processed within the 6 months with no clear reason for the other 25%.

If it is in progress. fair enough but not even allocating it in 8 months!!?? I could have earned alot of interest on that money. At least they could only take the money when it is allocated then.

Nobody challenges this as it will only be a losing battle.

The worst thing is that they keep throwing the "only 75%" will be processed within the 6 months with no clear reason for the other 25%.

If it is in progress. fair enough but not even allocating it in 8 months!!?? I could have earned alot of interest on that money. At least they could only take the money when it is allocated then.

Nobody challenges this as it will only be a losing battle.

yes you are right. I was thinking they will finish late nov and early dec in couple of weeks but now I am hopeless. There is no movement.

CHANGES TO THE 187 RSMS VISA FOR CERTIFICATE IV HOLDERS SINCE FEBRUARY 2015:-

For Level 3 occupations such as cook and carpenter, the qualification requirement as stated by ANZSCO (the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) is a Certificate III with two years of on-the-job training, a Certificate IV, or three years of relevant work experience.

(Strangely, Departmental policy has dictated that applicants for the 187/RSMS Visa who hold a Certificate IV and have nominated a level 3 occupation also require an additional two years of work experience to meet the qualification requirement of the visa.)

This policy was recently changed, and now applicants with a Certificate IV for a Level 3 occupation no longer need the extra work experience to demonstrate that they are sufficiently qualified for the 187/RSMS Visa.

MEANS:

If the applicant relies on an Australian qualification, that qualification must be as specified within the ANZSCO framework for that occupation. For example, if the nominated position were that of a cook (ANZSCO 351411), the applicant must:

Ø hold a relevant AQF Certificate IV

or

Ø hold a relevant AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on the job training

or

Ø have at least 3 years of relevant experience

TIMELINE:

Nomination 01 April 2016

Visa 10 April 2016

Thank u so much. R they already applying this new policy??

As long as the ABN is the same it shouldn't be a problem if the new address is still regional. Let immigration know the new address incase they turn up to do a work place inspection though. I've seen people refused when this has happened.

Thanks mate

Wow. It has been sooo quiet on here lately. hardly any grants. How can they still say that they are busy with November files.???

Talking about frustration one of my Korean mate got her visa approval on may 2016 no extra documents asked. it was lodge nov 2015, 187 onshore restaurant manager. Glossy HR and LR bull..... And guess what she is working as waitress and getting paid 13 bucks and hour. Someone tell immigration to justify that. And top it up this little regional restaurant has sponsored 6 people, 2 restaurant manager, 4 chefs and they all got their visa. There's not even one Australian employee. How the hell a small restaurant needs two managers. And only one or two is doing the nominated job. Rest just waitressing. That's more frustrating when some genuine application takes forever to even allocate co plus asking more documents plus many cases visa rejection too. Unfair is the only word I can think of about this for lot of us HR applicants

yes you are right. I was thinking they will finish late nov and early dec in couple of weeks but now I am hopeless. There is no movement.

And imagine the employer who has been waiting for u for so long specially for off shore applicants. If I was a business owner there is no way on earth I would wait for someone to start work for almost one year. Do these immi officers got common sense or some brain in their head or they walk around with Brain in their pockets. 21 century and they still riding donkeys. Hurry the .......up

Talking about frustration one of my Korean mate got her visa approval on may 2016 no extra documents asked. it was lodge nov 2015, 187 onshore restaurant manager. Glossy HR and LR bull..... And guess what she is working as waitress and getting paid 13 bucks and hour. Someone tell immigration to justify that. And top it up this little regional restaurant has sponsored 6 people, 2 restaurant manager, 4 chefs and they all got their visa. There's not even one Australian employee. How the hell a small restaurant needs two managers. And only one or two is doing the nominated job. Rest just waitressing. That's more frustrating when some genuine application takes forever to even allocate co plus asking more documents plus many cases visa rejection too. Unfair is the only word I can think of about this for lot of us HR applicants

Unfortunately for your friend there is the possibility of immigration picking up on this. They are linked to the tax office so they can see if people are being paid the correct amount for the job they have been sponsored for.