187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi All,

How many of you are there who have been requested documents in May month? I can see mukhvinder, SD, Atifshah, Nirbhau and me also. Have any of you got any update so far?

Mine was asked on 6th May, still waiting.. Its been 38 days since docs requested. Hope Immi going to grant soon... Hi Zoya, pray for us too!! :)

Yup. 31 May additional docs. They r really slow bro......all we can do bro. Wait wait n wait. Hope everyone ll get thier PR soon. ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think that rule was before there that you need 2 year's experience if you have cert 3 but don't need experience if holding

cert 4

Yeh my partner has 10 years experience but it's all offshore (in England) we got told that the new law that came in means all offshore experience no longer counts?? Confusing. Lol.

So did I but if they allow eg. 150 000 applicants a year and they have reached that limit. Will 187 still be approved? Isnt Employer sponosored included in that total of the migration planning?

Really not sure how it works but it sure seems to be that way as there have hardly been any approvals on 186 either

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

So did I but if they allow eg. 150 000 applicants a year and they have reached that limit. Will 187 still be approved? Isnt Employer sponosored included in that total of the migration planning?

Really not sure how it works but it sure seems to be that way as there have hardly been any approvals on 186 either

i agree. It's defintely slowed down a lot which is disheartening. I hope it isn't this way for long.

i agree. It's defintely slowed down a lot which is disheartening. I hope it isn't this way for long.

I am assuming once it speeds up again there will be another backlog because of the financial year end. If only they could post correct time standards or at least explain how the processing works to prepare us. Everybody is living in limbo, employers are waiting for staff. Even the 457 seems to be delayed and there are people waiting 10+ weeks for this so this is not even an option.

One approval from 186 today which was applied on 24 November

This gives us indication immigration don't have quota system it was just fraud information spread by some guys

Think positive and result will be positive for everyone soon

Immi just slow because they have so many application in

Don't forget everybody not on this forum who applied visas

Very few of them here and we getting visas approved day by day in queue

Thanks everyone who got approved and who still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally!!! After 251 very long days our nomination was approved today. Now we just await visa approval.

Nomination date 9 Oct 2015

Additional info requested 6 May

Approved 14 June 2016

Visa date 17 Dec 2015 - waiting

Baby steps it seems

Finally!!! After 251 very long days our nomination was approved today. Now we just await visa approval.

Approved 14 June 2016

Baby steps it seems

Congrats!!! maybe you will get the rest later today[emoji16]

Congrats!!! maybe you will get the rest later today[emoji16]

I would not make it thru this process without you my friend! Your optimism helps keep me grounded when I feel like losing it. The best thing out if this horrible process is the great friends we making! Your turn is coming and I cant wait to get you drunk when we celebrate together

I would not make it thru this process without you my friend! Your optimism helps keep me grounded when I feel like losing it. The best thing out if this horrible process is the great friends we making! Your turn is coming and I cant wait to get you drunk when we celebrate together

Ha ha. Looking forward to it!

Approved 14 June 2016

Baby steps it seems

Woohoo congratulations ☺️

I just spoke to an MA about the slow down. She said that things are moving especially slowly and the reasons are as follows: 1) because we are coming to the end of the financial year and they will be meeting their quotas for the number of visas that can be granted - I asked if that applied even with visas like the 187 where we are in the transition stream etc and she was of the opinion that it does. Also that there are an influx of applications at the end of a financial year - people trying to get in done in this year, so that might also have an effect. So things should pick up after the beginning of July. However, she also said that the fact that we are about to have a general election will also be slowing things down, because there is no minister in charge of immigration and uncertainty about who is going to get in and what changes they will make will also be having a toll on speed.

I just spoke to an MA about the slow down. She said that things are moving especially slowly and the reasons are as follows: 1) because we are coming to the end of the financial year and they will be meeting their quotas for the number of visas that can be granted - I asked if that applied even with visas like the 187 where we are in the transition stream etc and she was of the opinion that it does. Also that there are an influx of applications at the end of a financial year - people trying to get in done in this year, so that might also have an effect. So things should pick up after the beginning of July. However, she also said that the fact that we are about to have a general election will also be slowing things down, because there is no minister in charge of immigration and uncertainty about who is going to get in and what changes they will make will also be having a toll on speed.

Hope it's not right

Let's just be grateful for any grants we do see before July as it will reduce the amount to go when things pick up speed again ☺️

The influx of applications before the end of financial year shouldn't affect us, it should affect when june and July 2016 is processed.

Visa grants generally slow down at this time of year for two reasons:

- as DIBP nears the planning levels (there's no legal cap on the number of most visas, but they do have quotas) they will slow down the processing. Then in July there is often a spurt of grants.

- there is often a higher number of applications submitted in advance of any fee hike or change in visa criteria.

I've never heard any credible source that suggested the election has anything to do with it. Peter Dutton is still the Immigration Minister, and while an election may impact who sits at his desk it wouldn't cause a change in the legislation or policy until after the election.