187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Yes but no other visa you could have used whilst you waited? Is this your first aus visa?

Yes. Seeing that the 457 could also take 12 weeks we were advised that it is a waste to apply and spend that money as the 187 could be done within 4 months. So we opted for the PR option and after that the employer also thought its best to only do PR. Yes. first time

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Today is my last day on this forum ... I won't post anymore until I get good news... I have been waiting for 7 months and I know I still have to wait couple of months .. No more immiaccount checking no more forum no emails because all these are killing me.. As soon as I hear notification sound on my mobile I think it is from MA to give me good news, when I hear phone ringing the first thing comes in my mind is my MA and even when I get text I think of him.... So I just want to focus on my life not on these things...

Anyway good luck to all applicants you will get good news very soon.. Be positive think positive

Today is my last day on this forum ... I won't post anymore until I get good news... I have been waiting for 7 months and I know I still have to wait couple of months .. No more immiaccount checking no more forum no emails because all these are killing me.. As soon as I hear notification sound on my mobile I think it is from MA to give me good news, when I hear phone ringing the first thing comes in my mind is my MA and even when I get text I think of him.... So I just want to focus on my life not on these things.

next Thursday we will be get good news

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Today is my last day on this forum ... I won't post anymore until I get good news... I have been waiting for 7 months and I know I still have to wait couple of months .. No more immiaccount checking no more forum no emails because all these are killing me.. As soon as I hear notification sound on my mobile I think it is from MA to give me good news, when I hear phone ringing the first thing comes in my mind is my MA and even when I get text I think of him.... So I just want to focus on my life not on these things...

Anyway good luck to all applicants you will get good news very soon.. Be positive think positive

The closer it has got and especially once novembers processing has started, the more impatient I have become. Don't let it consume you so much. I have checked my Immi account a handful of times. Set your immi account alert for an email once the status changes. Stay positive Khem. We are all rooting for your PR also!

I agree... everybody appreciating this forum.. yes this forum is helpful if u get pr within 6 months. Whn it goes beyond the given timeframe its a good idea not to come check the forum. If possible try forgetting that u ever knew there was a forum like that. I believe many of us have left the forum for same reason on guy 8thaugust used to be the regular user of this forum... one day all of a sudden he disappeared... do u it will help u

I agree... everybody appreciating this forum.. yes this forum is helpful if u get pr within 6 months. Whn it goes beyond the given timeframe its a good idea not to come check the forum. If possible try forgetting that u ever knew there was a forum like that. I believe many of us have left the forum for same reason on guy 8thaugust used to be the regular user of this forum... one day all of a sudden he disappeared... do u it will help u

I just got over it , doesnt help for my happiness

I just got over it , doesnt help for my happiness

Hey Lee, sorry you haven't heard back yet. I would be worried if it was any other occupation however I think they are just becoming very strict with processing cooks. I admire your patience and I'm sure it will pay off soon ☺️

7 1/2 months and still waiting. Visa lodged 3rd Nov as cook plus defacto partner. We try to forget about it all and just carry on with our everyday lives, but it's so hard, as it's always on our minds! Got our fingers crossed for next week, but we will see.

Its hard, I am the same it crosses my mind every day although I have been waiting a month less. When did you lodge?

RCB approved 25th September 2015. Visa lodged 3rd November 2015. Was told 3 weeks ago that we would be likely to hear back anyday, but then everything just seemed to stop with immi. No idea what they are doing, all this progress and then when it comes to Nov applicants they've just ground to a halt. So frustrating. Gonna stay positive though and have the biggest party ever when all this is over with. :-)

good luck to you too!!

RCB approved 25th September 2015. Visa lodged 3rd November 2015. Was told 3 weeks ago that we would be likely to hear back anyday, but then everything just seemed to stop with immi. No idea what they are doing, all this progress and then when it comes to Nov applicants they've just ground to a halt. So frustrating. Gonna stay positive though and have the biggest party ever when all this is over with. :-)

good luck to you too!!

yeah with a nov 3rd visa I wouldn't stress too much I think you will hear back very soon. They have slowed down immensely this month but I assume case officers are just busy trying to finalise all the files they have before opening new ones. Try and make sure you have as much uploaded as possible to make it easier processing and who knows you may get a direct grant with no contact beforehand. I agree I feel like I've been waiting the 6 years that I've been here for it watching everyone else around me get their residency with ease along the years. Thank you I'm prepared to wait another few weeks seeing as early nov has hardly began yet ☺️

Pretty interesting read actually, so to know that we are on a sponsored visa and a partner defacto visa this is a bad thing for us!

Talking of making things harder did anyone else hear that for a cook, level 3, all offshore experience no longer counts as sufficient experience. They bought in the new law about 2 months ago that if ur going for level 3 cook you have to have 2 years experience onshore!!?? Unless you have level 4, then your ok. This is also very worrying! But surely they can't change the rules 5 months into your visa being submitted, so once again thinking positively! Well trying to anyway. :-)

Pretty interesting read actually, so to know that we are on a sponsored visa and a partner defacto visa this is a bad thing for us!

Talking of making things harder did anyone else hear that for a cook, level 3, all offshore experience no longer counts as sufficient experience. They bought in the new law about 2 months ago that if ur going for level 3 cook you have to have 2 years experience onshore!!?? Unless you have level 4, then your ok. This is also very worrying! But surely they can't change the rules 5 months into your visa being submitted, so once again thinking positively! Well trying to anyway. :-)

I think that rule was before there that you need 2 year's experience if you have cert 3 but don't need experience if holding

cert 4

I think that rule was before there that you need 2 year's experience if you have cert 3 but don't need experience if holding

cert 4

yes right the rule are there for atleast 2 years the if you have cert 3 then u need 2 years experience and if you hv cert 4 then no need of experience

Hi All,

How many of you are there who have been requested documents in May month? I can see mukhvinder, SD, Atifshah, Nirbhau and me also. Have any of you got any update so far?

Mine was asked on 6th May, still waiting.. Its been 38 days since docs requested. Hope Immi going to grant soon... Hi Zoya, pray for us too!! :)