187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

hi everybody. how can i insert my application info in the link . [LINK REMOVED]:eek:

The link in your post seems to be to a "view only" copy of the spreadsheet. Please use the link in my email signature, below, instead.

Find the correct month tab (at the bottom), and then add your details to the appropriate sheet. If you are still having any difficulties, post your details here, and one of the members will add them for you.

Edited by JonOgre

The link in your post seems to be to a "view only" copy of the spreadsheet. Please use the link in my email signature, below, instead.

Find the correct month tab (at the bottom), and then add your details to the appropriate sheet. If you are still having any difficulties, post your details here, and one of the members will add them for you.

thank..i do not if i have done it correctly. can you see my information?

I can see it just fine under "November." Thanks for adding!

beg your pardon, i have a question. i applied for nomination and 187 visa in November. i have already lodged my medical check and the police check. both of them done in may. what can happen if my documentation will start being reviewed only in June, can the immigration ask me to redo everything ?

beg your pardon, i have a question. i applied for nomination and 187 visa in November. i have already lodged my medical check and the police check. both of them done in may. what can happen if my documentation will start being reviewed only in June, can the immigration ask me to redo everything ?

The medical check and police clearance are valid for one year only. If the case officer checks after this period, you will be asked to re-do them. To avoid further delays, it may be better to re-do them before your case is likely to be opened, and before you are asked for them.

I've never heard of being able to correct which visa you applied for. I assume he'd need to withdraw the 187 application and lodge a 186 application in its place, which would mean you'd get a new bridging visa.

Thanks Maggie,

So, if that is the case then Can I stay on 187 then, rather than withdraw and lodge 186 application? they might ask to amend the contract paper later when they open the file, If I lodge 186 again, then I have to wait from the beginning, Is this what I have understand Maggie?

Thank you again.

Hi everyone,

just wondering if pcc only valid for 1year then after lodgeing application if pcc's get expired and we havnt got approved.

so my question is ,Do we need to apply pcc again or visa will get approved because i havnt left country since 2 years.

we need to do Australian & overseas PCC again or only Australian ?

dont wants to get delay on file because of that

anybody know about that 100 % ?

Hi everyone,

just wondering if pcc only valid for 1year then after lodgeing application if pcc's get expired and we havnt got approved.

so my question is ,Do we need to apply pcc again or visa will get approved because i havnt left country since 2 years.

we need to do Australian & overseas PCC again or only Australian ?

dont wants to get delay on file because of that

anybody know about that 100 % ?

No-one can predict 100% what the case officer might request, but the visa regulations themselves are quite clear in 1) requiring a police clearance certificate for every country that you have lived in for an accumulated 12 months over the last 10 years; and 2) that the police clearance certificates are valid for 12 months only. This validity is usually taken to be at the time of consideration for approval, not of lodgement, although some case officers seem to give a leeway of a month or so.

You could wait for the certainty of the case officer's request, but with this comes potential delays of obtaining a new certificate and having your case on hold for 28 days. You would probably be better off by reapplying for the PCC if the one year validity would have expired by the time your case is likely to be considered.

No-one can predict 100% what the case officer might request, but the visa regulations themselves are quite clear in 1) requiring a police clearance certificate for every country that you have lived in for an accumulated 12 months over the last 10 years; and 2) that the police clearance certificates are valid for 12 months only. This validity is usually taken to be at the time of consideration for approval, not of lodgement, although some case officers seem to give a leeway of a month or so.

You could wait for the certainty of the case officer's request, but with this comes potential delays of obtaining a new certificate and having your case on hold for 28 days. You would probably be better off by reapplying for the PCC if the one year validity would have expired by the time your case is likely to be considered.

Thnaks @JonOgre for your reply

so do i need to apply overseas and australian again or only australian

coz My MA said dont worry about applying overseas pcc if you havnt left the country ?

Thnaks @JonOgre for your reply

so do i need to apply overseas and australian again or only australian

coz My MA said dont worry about applying overseas pcc if you havnt left the country ?

Despite the regulation, it makes practical sense that you'd need only the Australian PCC: if you haven't left Australia, it is impossible that you since could have gained additional criminal convictions abroad. This is a case, though, where the regulation is in conflict with the practicalities. I would hope that your MA is right, and that your case officer follows the common sense approach.

Anyone else had experience with this kind of case?

Thanks Maggie,

So, if that is the case then Can I stay on 187 then, rather than withdraw and lodge 186 application? they might ask to amend the contract paper later when they open the file, If I lodge 186 again, then I have to wait from the beginning, Is this what I have understand Maggie?

Thank you again.

I don't know, but hopefully your migration agent can explain the situation and how this can be fixed.

Hi,Everyone,

I am new one here,my Nomination date apply date is June 11 2015,Approval date is Oct.28 2015.Visa date is Nov.2015 ,waiting for Visa now.Is there anyone who can help add me in the excel sheet?Thanks.

Sorry for the missing info.Find my process below:

Nom June 11 2015 Approval Oct.28 2015

Visa Nov.02 2015 Aprroval-Waiting

Thanks

Hi everyone I m new to this thread my timeline

rcb approved 3/11/15

nomi n visa apply on 12/11/15

still waiting now I been gone through name change in Feb so I have attached new passport detail with used declaration used in application but co is not considering that and asking me legal document please advice me what should I do now.

Hi everyone I m new to this thread my timeline

rcb approved 3/11/15

nomi n visa apply on 12/11/15

still waiting now I been gone through name change in Feb so I have attached new passport detail with used declaration used in application but co is not considering that and asking me legal document please advice me what should I do now.

Sorry but i didn't understand your questions. ...do you mean that CO is asking to provide a legal document to prove tjat you are the same person with a changed name??

I don't think so, I can see that only 2 people from September got PR, hope they will open more sep files this week, I have waiting nearly 7 months but no news at all, don't know why 187 is so slow nowadays.

:( yeah I think atleast 6/7 months is normal atm, I was excited to hit 4 months very soon so maybe I will just get used to waiting a lot longer as we lodged in December

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. If I was made redundant (or fired) legitimately from my nominating employer, I realise I should be OK to keep my visa, but would my next job have to be in a regional area? Realistically given what I do, that's going to be near impossible.

Did anyone applied Bridging Visa B before?

hi there,

yes i did that before. so you need the bridging visa B to travel overseas but you have to come back within 3 months. the best thing about this visa is no body will stop you to get back into australia. i did that in 2012, not sure if somthing changed after that. check on the DIBP site.

cheers

Good Morning Everyone !

Hope everyone doing well after long weekend break . Though this is very harsh to heal 187 processing is too slow . Wishing all of you best and specially those who have been waiting since 6/7 months after nomination approved OR provided other information . Let's pray & hope DIBP will bring smile on our faces with more visa's this week . Good day ahead [emoji846]

Hi anyone know that after 28days complete when immi open files again I m

waiting since 4th August 2015 (nomination) visa 26th August 2015 and then file open on 23rd February they asked for one document from my employer and police clearnce for me and my husband so since then 28 days waiting time finally finished on 21st March 2016 now i m waiting plz tell me when they will open my file now nearly 7 th month is about to finish so very very stressed