187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

i actually asked my ma again that i want to get my medicals done .and she send me referral letter, i already made a appointment today for medicals.

but you can do it yourself by logging into your immigration account and there is a option my health declaration form ,i think you can fill the form and it will print your hap id .Than you have to contact some medical clinic around you to make an appointment .

Ā 

and i just lodged my file on 18th feb my MA hasnt told me anything that i have to wait for case officer to ask for my medical\

Ā 

but to be on safe side alwys check with your MA

You can only do you medical through my health declaration before applying your visa coz if you apply for your medical after lodging your visa then it will take more time as it says on immigration website. And when your MA will fill the application form for you then the last question in it is, Have you done medical in past 12 months, there you can fill the HAP ID which you have already got from My health declaration, otherwise haveing two hao ids will take much more longer. [emoji16]

You can only do you medical through my health declaration before applying your visa coz if you apply for your medical after lodging your visa then it will take more time as it says on immigration website. And when your MA will fill the application form for you then the last question in it is, Have you done medical in past 12 months, there you can fill the HAP ID which you have already got from My health declaration, otherwise haveing two hao ids will take much more longer. [emoji16]

Hi biker boy ,

before I saw the same thing on immi website that wait for your case officer to ask for Medicals, if you have lodged your file . But I don't see

that information anymore .

If you have already lodged a visa application, you should follow the steps below when completing your health examinations electronically.

Ā 

Ā 

You lodge your visa application:

Ā 

Ā 

We determine whether health examinations are required

We provide you a HAP ID and request that you undergo health examinations

You use eMedical Client to consent to eMedical processing and complete your medical history if required

You download your eMedical Referral letter

You make an appointment with an approved panel clinic or the migration medical services provider and provide your HAP ID

You attend your appointment and bring your eMedical Referral letter with you

The clinic locates your case in eMedical using your HAP ID

Clinic staff record your health examination results in eMedical

Panel physician and/or radiologist grades and submits case to us

Your health case may be cleared within minutes by the system or referred for manual processing

If you meet the health requirement, your visa record is updated and processing can continue.

Hi biker boy ,

before I saw the same thing on immi website that wait for your case officer to ask for Medicals, if you have lodged your file . But I don't see

that information anymore .

If you have already lodged a visa application, you should follow the steps below when completing your health examinations electronically.

Ā 

Ā 

You lodge your visa application:

Ā 

Ā 

We determine whether health examinations are required

We provide you a HAP ID and request that you undergo health examinations

You use eMedical Client to consent to eMedical processing and complete your medical history if required

You download your eMedical Referral letter

You make an appointment with an approved panel clinic or the migration medical services provider and provide your HAP ID

You attend your appointment and bring your eMedical Referral letter with you

The clinic locates your case in eMedical using your HAP ID

Clinic staff record your health examination results in eMedical

Panel physician and/or radiologist grades and submits case to us

Your health case may be cleared within minutes by the system or referred for manual processing

If you meet the health requirement, your visa record is updated and processing can continue.

Thats right!! :)

My nomination is granted on Jan 2015 and applied visa on 19 Feb. Guys, say, how long would the immi takes to process my application, according current progress?

Hey!!

Ā 

I was having a chat with my MA yesterday and i asked him like after nomination how long does it going to take for the visa approval, he said usually they can grant the nomination and visa on the same day if your A-Z documents are uploaded alright. Other wise visa approval time is on the website which is between 3-6months. Hope it helps.

Hey!!

Ā 

I was having a chat with my MA yesterday and i asked him like after nomination how long does it going to take for the visa approval, he said usually they can grant the nomination and visa on the same day if your A-Z documents are uploaded alright. Other wise visa approval time is on the website which is between 3-6months. Hope it helps.

Ā 

they generally grant the visa very soon after the nomination because they can see that you are matching all the requirements.But if you lodge your visa after your nomination approval it could take other month because i think they take it as a pretty much new file .

Hey!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

and

Ā 

reet

Ā 

. My MA applied my visa after nom granted......but under the new processing system, aren't they checking the files much more faster? Some say, now immi normally takes around 1-2 months to grant a visa. Is that real?

Both end of November

Ā 

Woohoo, visa granted. First post in this forum but been reading almost everyday! Got an email from immi at 10am on 28th Feb but did not quite believe it because I couldn't get access to my grant letter which is probably been sent to my migration agent. So had to check my VEVO status and that confirmed my PR status.

Thanks to everyone that has posted information recently and in the past. It all helps when your anxiously waiting. Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Ā 

My timeline

Ā 

Nomination & Visa application sent 16th October

Visa Granted - 28th Feb (just over 4.5 mths)

Not sure when the nomination was approved.

Occupation - Early Childhood Teacher (Perth)

Processing centre - Parramatta

Ā 

Also the following information might help someone out. Its with regards to the PCC (UK)

I applied for a PCC in Nov 13 and it was attached to my visa application. I was nervous last week when I read a forum on here and they were talking about the PCC has to be valid at the time your case is opened by the case officer. That to me meant i needed a new one and I thought it will take me about a month or so to get because i applied onshore. I emailed my migration agent who said as long as I have not been out the country (Australia) since the UK PCC expired and the information was up to date on Form80 I should be ok.. and she was right!! Best always to check with your agent though as everyone has different circumstances. I also had heard that it depends on the case officer (who knows?)

Ā 

Best of luck again.

lbbonbon

Ā 

congrats !! May I ask that did u attach all documents when u lodged yr visa application ? Such as medical, PVC of Australia? Thanks

Ā 

Thank you Jimmyzhang,

Ā 

I attached all the documents (PCCs from UK & AUS included) to the visa application. I had my medicals at the beginning of October, that was the last thing I did and then my agent lodged the visa application and nomination on the 16th.

Thank you Jimmyzhang,

Ā 

I attached all the documents (PCCs from UK & AUS included) to the visa application. I had my medicals at the beginning of October, that was the last thing I did and then my agent lodged the visa application and nomination on the 16th.

Ā 

thank you for yr time. My wife was pregnant that time. So we didn't do medical, and my MA said Immi might not require PCC from OZ

Thanks

Ā 

Ā 

and

Ā 

reet

Ā 

Ā 

. My MA applied my visa after nom granted......but under the new processing system, aren't they checking the files much more faster? Some say, now immi normally takes around 1-2 months to grant a visa. Is that real?

Ā 

i m not sure if they only take 1-2 months .i lodged my nomination on 12 of December is almost three months i hvnt heard anything yet. i m expecting it will be another two month as i m from high risk country.

i m not sure if they only take 1-2 months .i lodged my nomination on 12 of December is almost three months i hvnt heard anything yet. i m expecting it will be another two month as i m from high risk country.

Ā 

When you check the processing time for the RSMS on IMMI website it does tell you that the processing time is 6months max. which is not included RCB and Nomination time. But usually what people do is apply RCB, nomination and Visa altogether, as it says that the RCB processing time is 8-10weeks and nominations usually get approved within 3-4months. So, RCB and Nomination processing times got merged in the processing time of actual Visa processing period, so altogether the time looks like 4.5moths for the whole process.

Ā 

But if you are going to apply all applications separate then the time frame would look like this:

RCB: 5days, 10 days or even a months etc.

Nomination: 1months or 2 months or 3 months ec.

Then the final visa process which in most of the cases takes more then 3-5months.

Altogether 6.5 or may be even 7-8months.

Ā 

So its better to apply all the applications together only if you know that you are going to get it 100%, otherwise you can lose all the money in a single blow.

Ā 

I lodged my Nomi and visa on 14 Nov. if i will hear anything before you then will surely tell you and same goes for you. :)

Bikerboy,

My agent told me on Thursday that Immigration are allocating October files at the moment and she didn't think she would hear about mine for another week or two.

Looks like it will be a bit longer for you if you applied in November. Sit tight!

Thanks

Ā 

Ā 

and

Ā 

reet

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There is one more factor in which they do process your application quicker then other people, if you are from low risk country they process your file within 3-4months altogether. And i think when you apply for your visa it would have gone in queue like all other application and it wont just break the queue just because your nomination is approved.

Ā 

If you would have applied your nomination and visa together. Then you would have got both at the same time coz as they are going to open your file then they would have checked your history and in that process they would have seen your visa application and processed that at the same time rather wasting another month on a file which is already ready to go. So right now your file is going to take the normal process time as others. Hope it helps. :)

Edited by bikerboy070707

Bikerboy,

My agent told me on Thursday that Immigration are allocating October files at the moment and she didn't think she would hear about mine for another week or two.

Looks like it will be a bit longer for you if you applied in November. Sit tight!

Ā 

Thanks a lot for your reply mate...i saw some1 got there visa approved on friday or somthing, who applied for there visa in mid Oct. Now i am just hoping that not many people have applied for there visa in the month of oct so that they can process my file. I am hopein another month for my result. So what is you time line??

Thanks a lot for your reply mate...i saw some1 got there visa approved on friday or somthing, who applied for there visa in mid Oct. Now i am just hoping that not many people have applied for there visa in the month of oct so that they can process my file. I am hopein another month for my result. So what is you time line??

Ā 

hi bikerboy

Ā 

thanksfor information?

r you from a high risk country or low

Edited by Ozmaniac
Fixed quote

Back a couple of years ago when there was a big backlog, immigration announced that the advertised processing times was the time it took for a co to be allocated, not the actual issuing of the visas. That is why some people from high risk countries can be over a year in extreme cases.

Hey guys, I apologize this might be off topic but, I've only got a month left on my WHV and I'm about to apply for my nomination and visa together next week, now my question is do I need to do the english test before or can I do it after I lodge my application? Because if its before I don't think I will be able to since I've only got like 25 days left on my WHV! Thanks guys and sorry again if this is off topic!

Hey guys, I apologize this might be off topic but, I've only got a month left on my WHV and I'm about to apply for my nomination and visa together next week, now my question is do I need to do the english test before or can I do it after I lodge my application? Because if its before I don't think I will be able to since I've only got like 25 days left on my WHV! Thanks guys and sorry again if this is off topic!

Ā 

You should have your IELTS result BEFORE you lodge your visa application.

Where are you from? Only asking as you type like an English person, and if you are you don't need it.

Hey mate,

Ā 

You can apply for your visa and Nomination, and give your ielts after it coz you wont need ielts for nomination and to get a case officer in your case will take atleast 3months otherwise your CA will ask for it and will give you more 28days to submit it, so should have it then otherwise it will be cancelled.

Hey mate,

Ā 

You can apply for your visa and Nomination, and give your ielts after it coz you wont need ielts for nomination and to get a case officer in your case will take atleast 3months otherwise your CA will ask for it and will give you more 28days to submit it, so should have it then otherwise it will be cancelled.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the help guys!

Ā 

So do you think it's okay for me to upload my ielts AFTER I've applyed for my visa?! any idea how hard that test is aswell? lol! thanks m8