PMV to PR

Danny842003

Hi  I have been In Aus since May 2015 arriving on a PMV 300 visa. 

We got married in October 2015 and had my 820 approved in November 2015.

fastforward to now and I am appriching the eligibility date for PR 801. How long does this take to approve? I thought it was just a formality and I would have it this year/early next year. After reading the website I have this awful sinking fealing that it could take a lot longer than that. 

It wouldn't be an issue but I was planing on starting a degree and whilst I'm aware I wouldn't be eligible for HECS I would have been eligible for commonwealth assistance rather than paying through the nose as an international student. 

10 hours ago, Danny842003 said:

Hi  I have been In Aus since May 2015 arriving on a PMV 300 visa. 

We got married in October 2015 and had my 820 approved in November 2015.

fastforward to now and I am appriching the eligibility date for PR 801. How long does this take to approve? I thought it was just a formality and I would have it this year/early next year. After reading the website I have this awful sinking fealing that it could take a lot longer than that. 

It wouldn't be an issue but I was planing on starting a degree and whilst I'm aware I wouldn't be eligible for HECS I would have been eligible for commonwealth assistance rather than paying through the nose as an international student. 

As MaggieMay says, you're almost certainly looking at another 12-15 months, and its not a formality, you need another pile of evidence. 

It does seem the waiting times have blown out for the second stage. Be prepared for a long wait. Have all your supporting evidence to cover since your first stage was granted to show your relationship is on going and can upload that when required. Ensure its decent and doesn't have gaps. Scrimping on it now isn't wise.