Man Alive!!!! Its expensive in Perth for a beer where is the nearest Weatherspoons??

prankmonkey

On 11/19/2017 at 08:01, Guest263228 said:

Between 89 and 90 I ate out most nights in London, affordable and a matter of knowing where to eat. Years between 90- to 92 , was out most every night, and at least three times ate out.  Hence UK was cheapish, if knew where to go. The times and vibe was different. In 2010, when I last lived in London, only one of the 'old affordable' places still existed. These days that city caters for a particular market. Probably even a status thing where to be seen.

Perth never much of night city, especially for those over twenty five or so. I find Fremantle a lot quieter these days as well.  

Not many cities tend to cater for older clientele it's all about the youngsters, when out in Perth at the weekend I like to get out of there by 11PM as it becomes the same as any other city/town rowdy and full of idiots.

Fremantle certainly hasn't lost any of it's vibe, I get to Freo a lot and it's always buzzing and has a great feel to it, although still plenty of idiots if you look for them.

On 10/28/2017 at 02:35, bristolman said:

We sometimes meet up with our boys from college at lunchtime and take him to a Wetherspoons for a bite to eat, it's not where we would normally eat but it's perfectly acceptable plus a pint of John Smith's for £1.99 or my cider for £2.50.  

Men drink beer. Women drink cider.

• Haha 1

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 14:04, Sandgroper said:

Not many cities tend to cater for older clientele it's all about the youngsters, when out in Perth at the weekend I like to get out of there by 11PM as it becomes the same as any other city/town rowdy and full of idiots.

Fremantle certainly hasn't lost any of it's vibe, I get to Freo a lot and it's always buzzing and has a great feel to it, although still plenty of idiots if you look for them.

We tend to get the midnight train home - which tends to have lots of youngsters getting off just going out.  My son and his mates tend to have pre's somewhere (if it's ours they usually get fed as well) and don't head off until about 11.30pm.  We were only chatting about this with friends the other night - when we were younger if you weren't out by 8pm it wasn't worth going out lol

• Like 1