confusion about 2 streams in Visitor visa (subclass 600)

verynewuser

I was going through Australian visa official website and came to know that there are five streams within Visitor visa (subclass 600).

1- Tourist
2- Business Visitor
3- Frequent Traveller
4- Sponsored Family
5- Approved Destination Status

My confusion is about tourist stream and sponsored family stream because the information page about tourist stream also mentioned that if you want to visit a family member you can apply for this steam under visa 600 category. 

Quote:
The Tourist stream is for people traveling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends and for other purposes not related to business or medical treatment.

So what exactly is the difference between these two streams?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snifter said:

Where are you applying from and what is your intent when visiting Aus? Depending on those, you can probably work out which one is best suited to your needs. 

I am in Australia and a blood relative wants to visit me from abroad. I have checked, on their official website, sections for both streams and they appear to be identical except the sponsorship point. What exactly is it and how does/can it affect the visa processing? What is the functional difference for a visa applicant whether he/she has a sponsor or not?

Until the difference is clear, how can we apply. I have no hesitation in applying under the 'sponsorship' stream and be the person's sponsor but the I will still be curious what different documents will be provided in this case, than the 'tourist' stream.

It is just my hunch that in case of 'sponsorship' stream I, as a sponsor, will provide my bank statements and in case of 'tourist' stream the person will provide his/her bank statements. I need to confirm this somehow.

3 hours ago, verynewuser said:

Until the difference is clear, how can we apply. I have no hesitation in applying under the 'sponsorship' stream and be the person's sponsor but the I will still be curious what different documents will be provided in this case, than the 'tourist' stream.

It is just my hunch that in case of 'sponsorship' stream I, as a sponsor, will provide my bank statements and in case of 'tourist' stream the person will provide his/her bank statements. I need to confirm this somehow.

Consult an agent?

tourist visa = applicant proving his financial standing doesn't require sponsor/ intent is for holiday and tourism
sponsored family visa = applicant requires sponsor who is australian citizen and will show financial support proof also in some cases deposit a security bond / intent to meet australian sponsored citizen who will accommodate the applicant
more details about sponsored family tourist visa 
http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/54sponsored

Edited by iRuleU
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 01:01, iRuleU said:

tourist visa = applicant proving his financial standing doesn't require sponsor/ intent is for holiday and tourism
sponsored family visa = applicant requires sponsor who is australian citizen and will show financial support proof also in some cases deposit a security bond / intent to meet australian sponsored citizen who will accommodate the applicant
more details about sponsored family tourist visa 
http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/54sponsored

@iRuleU, Thank you for the answer. Now I see the difference is in providing bank statements/finance proofs. Do you know how much minimum money the applicant has to show to get a tourist stream visit visa?

2 hours ago, verynewuser said:

@iRuleU, Thank you for the answer. Now I see the difference is in providing bank statements/finance proofs. Do you know how much minimum money the applicant has to show to get a tourist stream visit visa?

I can't really say a fixed figure as that is variable and depends on the duration of the visit. But below is form of financial evidence that can be shown.

• Evidence of sufficient funds, such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit.

But apart from this, applicant would also have show proof or ties back to their home country and their intent to return back.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600-/Visitor-visa-(subclass-600)-Tourist-Stream-document-checklist
Other information to show that you have an incentive and authority to return to your home country, such as:

• a letter from your employer stating your intention to return to your job
  • evidence of enrolment at a school, college or university in your home country
  • evidence of immediate family members in your home country
  • evidence of your visa or residence status in your home country, and your right to return
  • evidence of property or other significant assets owned in your home country.

On 06/09/2017 at 16:17, verynewuser said:

I am in Australia and a blood relative wants to visit me from abroad. I have checked, on their official website, sections for both streams and they appear to be identical except the sponsorship point. What exactly is it and how does/can it affect the visa processing? What is the functional difference for a visa applicant whether he/she has a sponsor or not?

The appropriate visa will depend on your specific situation.

3 minutes ago, verynewuser said:

Any hints?

It's got nothing to do with hints! I am not trying to keep secrets from you.

As I stated in my previous post, it depends on your specific situation as to which visa stream will be most appropriate to your situation.

I cannot guess your situation and visa goals based on a few lines on a public forum.