Skills assessment no transcript AITSL

Sjt13

I am gathering my documents for my skills assessment with AITSL.  I have everything except the transcript for my PGCE.  I have contacted the University and they do not have a copy in their archives.  They have no record of my module results.  I do have the PGCE certificate.  I qualified in 2001. So there is no way I am will have a copy!!! Help is there any way around this to get my skills assessment done?? I have contacted AITSL be reply yet.

thank you

sarah 

• Like 1

I can't believe they are saying they don't have a copy for you! That's really poor on their side. We completed ours in the same year and got it fine so they really don't have an excuse. Can you ask them to write you a letter stating this? Or ask AITSL what you can do? Sorry I don't have an answer but I would really get on the unis case, they should hold general copies at least. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

On 9/5/2017 at 23:56, Sjt13 said:

I am gathering my documents for my skills assessment with AITSL.  I have everything except the transcript for my PGCE.  I have contacted the University and they do not have a copy in their archives.  They have no record of my module results.  I do have the PGCE certificate.  I qualified in 2001. So there is no way I am will have a copy!!! Help is there any way around this to get my skills assessment done?? I have contacted AITSL be reply yet.

thank you

sarah 

For my first degree I did not have a transcript (it was not a common thing in the mid 90's). I had to get a letter from my old university stating the award, the subjects studied and the year I graduated. This satisfied the requirements.

• Thanks 1

On 07/09/2017 at 07:49, TeacherClem said:

I can't believe they are saying they don't have a copy for you! That's really poor on their side. We completed ours in the same year and got it fine so they really don't have an excuse. Can you ask them to write you a letter stating this? Or ask AITSL what you can do? Sorry I don't have an answer but I would really get on the unis case, they should hold general copies at least. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

I have asked for a generic copy and they have said they can't do that.  Aitsl said I need a letter with as much detail as possible about the course.  Fingers crossed I will have the letter by the end of the week.  Will then send my skills assessment off and fingers crossed.  Thank you for your reply. I honestly think I didn't have a transcript. 

• 1 year later...
On 05/09/2017 at 16:56, Sjt13 said:

thank you

sarah 

Hi Sarah,

I know this is from a while ago but I’m in the same boat. You wouldn’t have happened to got to UEL would you?

They are in the process of creating transcripts for us due to large number of request but this could take 12 weeks!! 

Im going to risk submitting a letter from them, is there anything I can include that will get me accepted. I’ve have a separate letter from my tutor at UEL outline supervised teaching days etc, I’m more concerned with transcript info.

thanks,

Rosie

For my PGCE placement days I informed the Uni (Nottingham Trent) of what I required in evidence and they wrote a letter substantiating details of the course, units covered, and most importantly no. of days. I completed that course in 1998. Original degree transcript was from back in 1991!