AGOS 40 Form

Dale Robson

Hello guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right section for posting, so apologies in advance if it's not.

My partner and I are currently in the process of filling out the AGOS 40 form, to apply for registration as a nurse in Oz.

We're currently gathering all the forms and documents which are required, but the only section that we're having a little trouble with is the education transcript. We've spoke to the University where my partner completed her course, but they've come back and asked for an exact list of what is required; they've mentioned a document/attachment that shows what needs to be sent.

We have a copy of the Fact Sheet for Criterion 8, which outlines what evidence needs to be supplied in for the units completed in respect of the administration of medication. The Degree certificate also shows all the units completed on the reserve, but we kind of assumed that this is not detailed enough?

We're just looking for some guidance on the best way to go about this. Do we send the application with all the evidence we have, and ask the University to send all the documents requested in the Criterion 8 sheet, or is there a definitive list of anything further we need to send?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dale

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response. Yeah the transcript on the certificate does not show that level of detail at all; It just shows the module and the result.

Is there a definitive list of what they need to send, or is it just a case of asking for a full transcript which shows a detailed breakdown of all modules etc.

Cheers,

Dale

Hello, from a psych nurse perspective - this is how I met criterion 8:

1. Ask the University to do a detailed letter on official letter head with contact details of who AHPRA can contact. The letter can be sent by your university directly to AHPRA or you can get it certified and attach it with your application form. Explain to your university that the  letter needs to specifically detail how medicines management was assessed and the results you received during nursing training. You can get specific information relating to your situation and course from academic transcripts and university student handbook.

2.  I also sent this to AHPRA as evidence:

- a copy of my university student nursing handbook (the university can provide you with this)

-a copy of my nursing placement documents which the mentors signed off during each placement to say I administered medicines correctly, etc. as evidence with my application form.

Below is a draft letter I sent my university which I then sent off to AHPRA to meet criterion 8: 

Confirmation of medicines management assessment and results: 

Applicant/ Student name:    xx        Student I.D.  xx               Course:  Bachelor of Nursing (Mental Health)                            Course dates:        xxx - xxx

a) Drug calculations

Year    1 : Method of assessment   e.g. online medication calculation exam                                               Result attained e.g. 100% pass 

Year 2, 3 etc.

b) Medication management exams

Year 2 – Medication Management Module Code 02 24129 3 hour exam (with 1 hour drug calculations)

Result attained: xxx  (pass) (See academic transcript) Module description (See student handbook attached):

This module aims to continue preparation of student nurses from all fields of practice to deliver medications to their patients and service users safely. This module will introduce the relevant aspects of law, clinical governance, ethics and mental capacity, pharmacology and drug development, and psychology. The students will gain an understanding of how drugs are developed, how they work (pharmacokinetics - bodily absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of drugs), an understanding of common drug benefits and side effects (pharmacodynamics - the biochemical and physiological effects of drugs and the mechanisms of their action in the body), and factors that affect patient choice and concordance.

Year 3 – The Effective Practitioner (MH) xxx              3 hour exam (with 1 hour health related numerical calculations)

Result attained: xxx% (pass) (See academic transcript)

Module description (See student handbook attached): This module will enable students to promote physical health and mental well-being for people with mental health problems. Within this module, students will develop the skills needed for interdisciplinary team working; including service user and carer led teaching sessions. Students will continue to build on their knowledge and skills in working with individuals with mental health needs in order to maintain health and safety for themselves, their carers’ and their communities.

c) Continuous assessment in clinical practice during each clinical placement in years 1, 2 and 3, correct and safe medication management (including calculations, administration, ordering, receiving, storing, and disposal, maintaining accurate administration records, assessing and supervision of self-administration) was continuously assessed in clinical placements by clinical mentors. (See attached records of essential skills).

Hope this helps :)

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

Currently I am also gathering the required documents for the AHPRA. However, I have a slightly different problem with the 8 criterions as stated by the AHPRA. Since I have done my bachelor of nursing in the Netherlands, it creates a whole set of new challenges. therefore, I was wondering if it is possible for @PsychNurse or other kind readers to sent me your transcripts and course outline of you university? This way I can compare them with my Dutch uni documentation.

Thanks so much in advance!

Regards,

Emil.

10 hours ago, MeneerE said:

Hello all,

Currently I am also gathering the required documents for the AHPRA. However, I have a slightly different problem with the 8 criterions as stated by the AHPRA. Since I have done my bachelor of nursing in the Netherlands, it creates a whole set of new challenges. therefore, I was wondering if it is possible for @PsychNurse or other kind readers to sent me your transcripts and course outline of you university? This way I can compare them with my Dutch uni documentation.

Thanks so much in advance!

Regards,

Emil.

Hi Emil,

unfortunately, I no longer have copies of my course transcripts and outline to send. My university sent me paper copies which I then forwarded to AHPRA.

maybe try contacting your university and they can send you some?

10 hours ago, PsychNurse said:

Hi Emil,

unfortunately, I no longer have copies of my course transcripts and outline to send. My university sent me paper copies which I then forwarded to AHPRA.

maybe try contacting your university and they can send you some?

Will do! Thank you for the reply :)

On 1-2-2018 at 14:53, Richard Gregan said:

You'll need your course transcripts to detail total theory hours as part of the course, AND total placement hours.

Regards,

Richard

hello Richard,

At the moment we have a supplement which basically covers the general course outline. However, I do think we can get the more detailed version. Thanks for the tip!

Regards,

Emil!