Aphra before visa grant?

KangaKit

I believe @DukeNinja done it before the visa has been granted. But a the recruitment agent told us the following "Please note that AHPRA require applicants to present in person to an AHPRA office within three months of being granted ‘Approval in Principle”, before full registration can be granted.". So if your visa grant takes longer than 3 months you could run yourself into a corner..... Also note I'm a radiographer so I'm not sure if this statement above will apply the same to you... 

Lodged on May 3rd, asked for medicals and PCC on 19th June and had everything uploaded by July 13th so just waiting now. We applied under my occupation (secondary teacher) with 75 points.
My wife registered with an employment agency a while back and had an interview for a post last week. They've asked for references and are aware of what stage we are at in the process, so we'll see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

11 hours ago, KangaKit said:

Hi, so just filling in my APHRA forms for registration and wondered what other people had done for documentation for category A, ie passport with visa? I thought you could do AHPRA whilst waiting for invitation...has anyone does this?

To meet the minimum identity requirements:

I applied for an Australian e-visitor visa online, once that was granted I then submitted certified copies of my UK passport plus the copy of e-visitor grant letter (category A), UK drivers license (category B).

(P.s. I hadn't submitted an EOI or applied for a permanent visa when AHPRA registration was granted)

For full I.D requirements to get full registration: 

they would need certified copies of an Australian drivers licence, Aus bank card/account details, Medicare card, etc. Depending on your situation-these can be accessed during a visit to Aus.

On 10/08/2017 at 13:22, exxaro said:

I believe @DukeNinja done it before the visa has been granted. But a the recruitment agent told us the following "Please note that AHPRA require applicants to present in person to an AHPRA office within three months of being granted ‘Approval in Principle”, before full registration can be granted.". So if your visa grant takes longer than 3 months you could run yourself into a corner..... Also note I'm a radiographer so I'm not sure if this statement above will apply the same to you... 

That's correct, I did my AHPRA before applying for my visa, which meant I had to present to an AHPRA office to get my AIP. Made for a nice 7 day trip to Perth. If you do this, do not use the automated border control gates, but go to a manned booth, as I'm sure you'll need a stamped passport for something (I did, but cant remember what for).

Having AHPRA rego before my visa also meant that as soon as the latter was granted, I could apply for jobs whilst abroad.

Hey. How's it going? Long time no hear! I did have to give an address, and I used the business address of the agency that I had registered with. However, you can use the address of your temporary residence (AIRBNB etc). They will send your paper rego certificate there though, just be warned.

Archived