Hi everyone,

I have received visa invitation for SC 189. But I realized, after invitation is received, that there are following 2 mistakes in my EOI:

1. Country of birth is mentioned incorrect.
2. Starting date of employment is mentioned incorrect (This employment is partly claimed and luckily points for this part are not claimed).

Unfortunately, this was my last chance to get an invitation because after that round my age points are reduced.

Now the question is, how should I proceed for Visa Application? Should I correct both mistakes while submitting Visa Application?

Both mistakes do not affect my points.

Hi, Just looking to submit my EOI having completed my NQT year! And finally passed the IELTS on my 3rd attempt..Wahoo! (Phew!)

Ermm, as I only have officially one year teaching experience, do I select "Yes" for "Related Employement" even though I will not get points for this. For the rest of the jobs I have done prior I selected no. By selecting yes, on the final summary screen it highlights, English Language, Education and Employment as the categories which will award me points.

Question: Does that mean I should select No for related employment for my most recent/current employment this past year from sept16 - now?

For the OP, is that what you are referring to in your second bullet point: "2. Starting date of employment is mentioned incorrect (This employment is partly claimed and luckily points for this part are not claimed)." ?

Thanks! H

3 hours ago, immiconsultant said:

I do not know much about NQT Year. But in General Skilled Migration you simply select "No" if you are not claiming points. Even if the job is relevant.

Hi, thank you for that. 
I have noticed that on the final submit page  it accumulates the same number of points "The EOI for this subclass is able to be completed. The client's claims equal 65 points" - regardless of if I select yes or no for the one year teaching experience I have.

Which makes me think, would my EOI stand out more as it would I would be selecting that I  have some sort of relevant experience?
If my points total 65: age 30, degree 15, ielts 20, then I would not be claiming points for experience. IF that makes sense.
What do you think? 

3 minutes ago, immiconsultant said:

Yes do not claim un-necessary points. You will have to provide evidence for every claim. If you are eligible on 65 points then go for it and do not claim employment

I would ofcourse be able to provide evidence for the one year relevant experience I have. But i would not be required to satisfy the points for the employment as the final points total of 65 does not include this? 
It looks like I wouldn't be claiming unecessary points for employment if i select yes for that one year? Apologies if I seem to be barking up the same tree.

You are not getting points because points start from 3+ years. So you do not need to claim 1 year job and select no for job you are not claiming. If you select yes then it means you are claiming it and you have to provide evidence but it has no benefit as you will not get points for 1 year job.

• Like 1