489 Tasmania regional Visa

JD3006

• 4 months later...

Hello I'm going to move to Tas in this month. I'm having degree in Accounting with 55 points and can'timprove any further points. I'm wondering that if i take study there for one year and live there then will I be able to get 489 visa after one year?? On another hand I'm bit worry that the until of next year the competition may rise and people like me with less points 55 +10 may not get any invitation. Any suggestion??

Secondly, under catagory 2 someone will be eligible for 489 visa who got full time job offer from any job and continue job for atleast 3 month.

13 hours ago, Safal said:

Hello I'm going to move to Tas in this month. I'm having degree in Accounting with 55 points and can'timprove any further points. I'm wondering that if i take study there for one year and live there then will I be able to get 489 visa after one year?? On another hand I'm bit worry that the until of next year the competition may rise and people like me with less points 55 +10 may not get any invitation. Any suggestion??

Secondly, under catagory 2 someone will be eligible for 489 visa who got full time job offer from any job and continue job for atleast 3 month.

Is thought you were already in Oz as a restaurant manager? 

13 hours ago, Safal said:

I wish you the very best in Tasmania.  It's a great place as long as you have employment.  Be also aware if you are going to Hobart that accommodation is expensive and becoming very hard to find.

Good luck

I'm currently living in Tasmania (launceston) on my bridging visa until my 489 skilled regional visa arrives. (been waiting since November) as said above employment here is a bit hard to come by, I was fortunate enough to have a skilled job (camera operator and film editor) that not many people can do in Tasmania. And with a heavy CV with 10 years worth of history In the field with BBC and Discovery credits I was able to be head hunted by WIN network. So very lucky there. 

If you do plan on coming over try and find a job beforehand. 

If your coming over to study. You will also be required to have a certain amount of money in the bank to support you and you will also be restricted on how many hours you can work. So bare that in mind when you calculate your living costs. 

It is a lovely state and I'm so glad to be here and I wish you all the luck in getting down here. 

The north has a lot to offer and is also cheaper to live. FYI

• Like 1