No codeine over the counter from Feb 2018?

Bound4Tassie

9 hours ago, Bound4Tassie said:

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/4835423/changes-will-impact-how-you-access-codeine-products/?cs=2452

Seems a bit OTT to me. I assume you won't be able to fly into Aus with it after that time ( unless it's on prescription).

Don't see why, its not illegal to possess it so as long as its in the original box etc you should be OK. They can't insist on it being bought on prescription if the country you buy it in lets it be bught without. 

I bet A&E departments can't wait to be full of people who just need basic painkillers. 

2 hours ago, northernbird said:

My local pharmacist told me that people are stocking up already.  My painkiller of choice is a mix of Ibuprofen and Codeine, works best for me.  I have started to buy a pack a week so I don't have to waste $85 seeing my GP just to get a script!!

Ibruprofen/codeine is the only painkiller that has any effect on my arthritis. Thank goodness I'm back home now and can just get it OTC otherwise I would be begging friends to post it to me!