Visa 189 docs required

Luke&Crystal

Hi we are doing our visa without an agent. 

Can someone help us with a list of docs that are needed before submitting the EOI , I know the government website outlines what is needed but it can be a bit confusing! 

We also are having a hard time proving the work history as my boyfriends work had a fire so there are a number of years without evidence, what can we do in this case? 

Any help appreciated!

Thanks 

Edited by Luke&Crystal

It might be worth speaking to a good migration agent. 

I would not do police or medical checks yet. It can cause issues down the line or even have to redo them. Skills assessments take on average a couple of months, then if you wait a couple of months for an invite, then applications can easily take eight months they would be invalid. 

You also only have 12 months from the police or medical, which ever is earlier to make first entry. If you only have a short time and are unable to make that, then the visas may be cancelled  

Pat the same time, doing them before the case officer requests them doesn't speed up the process. 

We paid an agent to help with our 189 visa in 2013 & when my hubby couldn't get references or old payslips etc from 2 ex employers as the companies had closed down, he got told to write a statutory declaration saying how long he worked there, everything he did in his job including all the tools & machines etc he used & then he signed it & our migration lawyer signed it. If you do the same then just pay a lawyer to sign for you. You might even be able to ask a justice of the peace or a Dr to sign as they can sign passport photos etc...best to double check!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 1

Thank you both for your comments,  really helpful information. I think we are going to wait now to do the police checks as what you have said verystormy makes perfect sense, It would be silly to do it then it runs out. 

Aconcannon - I think we may have to do what you have suggested - my boyfriend has a very good chunk of past employement it's just the part when the fire happened. In the reference from his work they have stated that he worked the full period but I don't think this would be enough. We are trying to do this without a migration agent to keep costs down but maybe we might have to reconsider. 

Thank you again - Crystal 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have a question! 

Does it matter that the form 80 address that i filled up is different from the police clearance address that issued?

I work in vietnam for 7 months 7 years ago.I went there last august to get filed for my police clearance .

Problem is, the local police used my latest address and not the original address that i used to lived there.

does it matter? Will i be questioned?

Hope someone can answer my query.

Thank you!